Premium Member
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does this look safe?

·
X-Roughneck
1,229 Posts
WOW!
That's stupid! Dumbarsses like this will lead to very strict trailer pulling rules that will cost us all,like Trailer inspection....or trailer permit? or,states that 'prohibit' pulling a trailer with a MC. All it takes is 1 idiot to screw it up for everyone.

·
Just one of the guys
4,837 Posts
Don't look safe to me. Carving scratches in the windshield like that not only obscures your vision but it has to weaken the material as well. I don't think I would do that.

If you are referring to the trailer, it says 145KG on the side, that is not very heavy, the front profile is not much bigger than some other trailers, I just wouldn't want to pull it in a high crosswind.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
220# is not that much. Only problem is the owners could fill the trailer with a lot of extra weight..
But I don't suppose its any worse than some of the mammoth campers that get pulled around by 1/2 tons. also as doug say's at only 220# and a lot of surface area it might just blow off the road in a strong side wind.
Wilf

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
The more important question is can CJ pull it with his ST1300?

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Not that I like pulling trailers with a bike but I can't see a major problem with that one compared to a lot that you see GW'ers towing. I'd want some type of surge or electric brake on that thing though. It's not the weight of the trailer per se but the weight of a second person and all the junk in the trailer that would be of concern. The brakes on the bike were designed to cope with around a 1200lb. load. That's basically the bike and two fairly mid-sized people. Add 300lbs of trailer and a couple hundred lbs of junk and your asking the bike to cope with a lot more than it was designed for. I don't see the wheel size as problem as long as the bearings are properly lubed and maintained. That thing is going to be interesting on the slab on a windy day. Be careful around semis.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.