Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I know that there is a chapter of the GWTA up at Overland Park, Kansas but that is a little far for me to regularly attend meetings. Does anyone know of something in the Wichita, Kansasarea?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
270 Posts
imported post

Go to the GWRRA web page and you will find the chapter closest to you. Old whats her name is looking it up while I type - hold on - http://www.gwrra.org. We joined last year and have met lots of great people, have gone on lots rides, picnics, etc etc. We are going to the National Wing Ding next year in Nashville - should be a gas. Hope to see there.

Mike
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,923 Posts
imported post

1984GL1200A wrote:
I know that there is a chapter of the GWTA up at Overland Park, Kansas but that is a little far for me to regularly attend meetings. Does anyone know of something in the Wichita, Kansasarea?


I don't have personal experience, but I have heard more than once that GWRRA is... shall we say...... not totally appreciative of vintage Wings? Personally my ride group is CMA and I am quite happy with them even if there are a few too many Harleys.

You know you could start a GWTA Chapter there yourself.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,148 Posts
imported post

Brojees wrote:
I don't have personal experience, but I have heard more than once that GWRRA is... shall we say...... not totally appreciative of vintage Wings? Personally my ride group is CMA and I am quite happy with them even if there are a few too many Harleys.

You know you could start a GWTA Chapter there yourself.
I can say from experience that at least one GWRRA group I contacted were a bunch of snobs. And money was their God, if you do not have a new wing they are not interested, so I said cram it where the sun don't shine. I won't bother with anymore GWRRA groups....I am sure there are some good ones somewhere. To be honest I am glad I do not fit their mold.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,350 Posts
imported post

dean_3326 wrote:
Brojees wrote:
I don't have personal experience, but I have heard more than once that GWRRA is... shall we say...... not totally appreciative of vintage Wings? Personally my ride group is CMA and I am quite happy with them even if there are a few too many Harleys.

You know you could start a GWTA Chapter there yourself.
I can say from experience that at least one GWRRA group I contacted were a bunch of snobs. And money was their God, if you do not have a new wing they are not interested, so I said cram it where the sun don't shine. I won't bother with anymore GWRRA groups....I am sure there are some good ones somewhere. To be honest I am glad I do not fit their mold.
I have not joined the GWRRA for the same reason. I had been told the same thing by several older Wing owners. I have an 83 and would not trade for a new one :jumper::jumper::jumper::jumper::jumper:
 

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
Joined
·
57,413 Posts
imported post

Hey you guys seem to have a lot of snobbery in your ranks. :whip: My neighbour is a multi-millionaire :blackstuff:flies his own aircraft, :bat:sails his own cabin-cruiser and has most good things that life has to offer, :clapper:including his :18red:but he still hangs around with all his poor neighbours including myself, :cooler:and helps out anyone that needs it. :clapper:We went for a spin one day and he rode my Honda 50 all of the 78 miles and i rode his :18red:

:toast::18red::toast:

 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Hey Redwing, tell him he needs to buy another :18red:so you both will have one to ride.:smiler:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,923 Posts
imported post

Actually the only reason is the guy likes Shep and thought being kind to Redwing would please Shep. Shep really didn't care and is still looking for a new human.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,148 Posts
imported post

Redwing wrote:
Hey you guys seem to have a lot of snobbery in your ranks. :whip: My neighbour is a multi-millionaire :blackstuff:flies his own aircraft, :bat:sails his own cabin-cruiser and has most good things that life has to offer, :clapper:including his :18red:but he still hangs around with all his poor neighbours including myself, :cooler:and helps out anyone that needs it. :clapper:We went for a spin one day and he rode my Honda 50 all of the 78 miles and i rode his :18red:

:toast::18red::toast:

There are a lot of nice guysthat are well to do that live herethat are not snobs. I too have well to do neighbors that help me out if needed. Other than thewing club I have met nothing but friendly people on motorcycles no matter what brand they are riding.It could be I just got a group that was lets say different. They may all be drowned by now anyway, with their noses up so high in the air,if they rode through a heavy rain storm drowning would be a sure thing.....:goofygrin:
 

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
Joined
·
57,413 Posts
imported post

dean_3326 wrote:
There are a lot of nice guysthat are well to do that live herethat are not snobs. I too have well to do neighbors that help me out if needed. Other than thewing club I have met nothing but friendly people on motorcycles no matter what brand they are riding.It could be I just got a group that was lets say different. They may all be drowned by now anyway, with their noses up so high in the air,if they rode through a heavy rain storm drowning would be a sure thing.....:goofygrin:
Hey dean_3326 :waving:Well done :clapper: Life is too short. :crying:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,148 Posts
imported post

Redwing wrote:
dean_3326 wrote:
There are a lot of nice guysthat are well to do that live herethat are not snobs. I too have well to do neighbors that help me out if needed. Other than thewing club I have met nothing but friendly people on motorcycles no matter what brand they are riding.It could be I just got a group that was lets say different. They may all be drowned by now anyway, with their noses up so high in the air,if they rode through a heavy rain storm drowning would be a sure thing.....:goofygrin:
Hey dean_3326 :waving:Well done :clapper: Life is too short. :crying:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:
Hey Redwing:waving:You are correct, this is what it is all about, took a ride to Possum Kingdom Lake Texas today, a beautiful place.

http://www.thecliffs.com/
 

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,148 Posts
imported post

another one
 

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,148 Posts
imported post

last one.
 

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top