Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Goldwing colors

5K views 25 replies 11 participants last post by  DaveO430 
#1 ·
Looking at the 2018/2019 GL1800, the colors are pretty disappointing. There were some very outstanding colors used on the GL1500 that made it stand out in a crowd. Sulfur Yellow in 1976 and then carried over to the 1st generation GL1800. Pearl Bermuda Green and Barbados Blue are attractive on the GL1500. The awesome orange, illusion blue and illusion red on the 1800. Two tone painting of the GL1200 Aspencades and GL1500.
2020 needs a stand out color. That's my opinion.

#3 ·
I agree, they seem to have lost their imagination when they moved production to Japan. I went to a dealer last week and had my first look at the new goldwing. They had 2 blue ones and a white one, I had a hard time just spotting the Goldwings in the show room, don't stand out at all. Besides the bland colors they look like sport tourers.

#5 ·
Honda of Russellville has the colors. Now that's what I'm talking about, outstanding colors for the Goldwing.
:cam:

Attachments

Reactions: noviwinger
#7 ·
Pretty happy with mine. And judging by the comments of people who come up to me, so are a lot of others. But Honda--living on the edge as always--decided to replace the color in 2019 with.....wait for it....black. Really imaginative.

But I got mine:wink2:

Reactions: trike lady
#11 ·
fenry, that color is called Pearl Stallion Brown. It does look good.

#21 ·
I thought that I read that the colors have been announced:

If you like the blacked-out look, the Honda Gold Tour models offer that styling. Selecting Pearl Glare White paint on the Tour or Tour DCT gets you the black paint on the frame, wheels, and horizontally opposed six-cylinder motor. The Air Bag version comes in one deliciously dusky color—Darkness Black Metallic/Gray.
2020 Honda Gold Wing Lineup - Tour DCT
2020 Honda Gold Wing Tour DCT

Don’t despair if you like the standard Gold Wing—it gets a Matte Black Metallic paint and anodized surfaces. This applies to both the Gold Wing and Gold Wind DCT.

starting at item #6 and read down
https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2019/10/23/2020-honda-gold-wing-lineup-first-look-7-fast-facts/

2020 Honda Gold Wing Line Colors and Prices

2020 Honda Gold Wing and Gold Wing DCT

Color: Matte Black Metallic
Prices: $23,800 MSRP (standard); $25,000 (DCT)

2020 Honda Gold Wing Tour

Colors/Prices: Pearl Glare White, $27,500 MSRP; Candy Ardent Red/Black, $28,000 MSRP

2020 Honda Gold Wing Tour DCT

Colors/Prices: Pearl Glare White, $28,500 MSRP; Candy Ardent Red/Black, $29,000 MSRP

2020 Honda Gold Wing Tour DCT Air Bag

Color: Darkness Black Metallic/Gray
Price: $32,300

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.