Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I just purchased my first goldwing, and I am looking for a good cover to keep my new friend nice and shiny, it's an 87 aspy with an extra tall windshield. I'm looking for a cover that's easy to put on , and will fold up into one of the saddle bags real easy, I also want to make sure it doesn't scratch up that huge windscreen, anybody got any ideas? would it be best to get an original honda cover?

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

The Ultraguard is better than the Honda, in my opinion. I just gave away a 10 year old Hondaline cover, full of patched areas. The material is too light and rips in the wind, especially at the antenna mounts and some other areas. The Ultraguard is much stronger and is also reinforced in the vulnerable areas and has the soft inner lining for the windshield like the Honda cover has, also it's bigger than tha Honda cover so fits right down to the ground without over-stretching the material.
Oh yes, it's about half the price of a Honda cover and doesn't have "Goldwing" shouting all over it to attract unwanted attention.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

wingnut wrote:
Oh yes, it's about half the price of a Honda cover and doesn't have "Goldwing" shouting all over it to attract unwanted attention.
The neighbors would probably object to the noise too.:cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
imported post

I have an UltraGuard for my 1984 GL1200A and am very pleased with it. When not in use, it folds into a small bag which is easily transportable. Good weather protection and no scratches on the windshield yet. Also note there have been some covers listed on eBay for about $25.

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
imported post

if its really raining,/forums/images/emoticons/shock.gif or for Winter Storage.. I use a full  cover which is heavy when wet , and awkward to install / remove.... But for running around thru the rockies , I find that the Tour King/forums/images/emoticons/dude.gif is Perfect :                                                                                    http://www.suzukicavalcade.com/images/MiltonNobles.htm                                              http://www.tourkingcovers.com/bikes.html                                                                                                                ...........it fits in a jacket pocket, or in those funny little pockets  by the passenger armrests, and its strong , and durable (mine is 5 years old )   if its raining and blowing horizontally , as it does near the/forums/images/emoticons/tongue.gif coast .. then yes.. your seat might get damp... but otherwise ... a Quality product  SilverDave /forums/images/emoticons/emoticonsxtra/cooldj.gif

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

lboodge wrote:
I just purchased my first goldwing, and I am looking for a good cover to keep my new friend nice and shiny, it's an 87 aspy with an extra tall windshield. I'm looking for a cover that's easy to put on , and will fold up into one of the saddle bags real easy, I also want to make sure it doesn't scratch up that huge windscreen, anybody got any ideas? would it be best to get an original honda cover?
I have CycleSac that I am quite happy with. When Saorise is fresh clean, I always try and retain the sparkle by covering her whenever I park. The Cycle Sac goes on and off easy, is designed for the hot pipes and easily goes in a pannier or usually I bungee it to my trunk rack.

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

I use a Nelson-Rigg cover. It has soft material sewn to the inside of the windshield area , and heat-resistant material in the bottom so you can cover it right away without fear of burning or melting the fabric. They also vent pretty well... I've had no problems with condensation.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.