Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day, I am new from Alabama; question for you all; I was told by the Honda Dealership here that they the Manufactured has decided to stop working on Goldwings older than 10 years; I have a 2001 Honda Goldwing GL1800A; DID ANYONE ELSE HEAR THE SAME THING? Who is gonna work on our bikes???????

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Honda did not decide this. It's a dealer choice. They can work on any bike they choose to. There are quite a few dealers with a similar policy. Recognizing your bike is older than many of their technicians. IMHO, time to find another dealer. There are also several independent shops out there that do good work, some even specializing in Goldwings.

Better yet, take control and do it yourself.

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
I usually don't cross post to other forums and if disallowed, I apologize to admins in advance.

This forum has lots of GL1800 specific info and state pages to inquire locals of their best places. Also two of their sponsors are GW specific repair shops:

This site has a multitude of DIY articles for repairs.

Check classifieds here and on those sites to find a used service manual or order a new one from Helm.

·
Administrator
58,465 Posts
gl1800Riders has an absolute, "you will NOT link to other forums" policy, or they will ban you.

Here, we believe in providing the members with as much information as we can help you with.

·
Administrator
25,032 Posts
Good day, I am new from Alabama; question for you all; I was told by the Honda Dealership here that they the Manufactured has decided to stop working on Goldwings older than 10 years; I have a 2001 Honda Goldwing GL1800A; DID ANYONE ELSE HEAR THE SAME THING? Who is gonna work on our bikes???????
Absolutely blowing smoke up your dress. Honda did no such thing, it's up to the dealer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts