Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Saturday afternoon, before the rains came, My wife and I went out for a ride on our GL1100. When we got home, I turned into the drive and hit some loose gravel at the edge of the roadway. Everything after that happened so fast, that we didn't realize we were going down until we hit the ground. I'm just a little bruised and scratched, but I think my wife may have cracked a couple of ribs. Both of us are nursing our wounds, and are happy that the crash wasn't any worse.As for the bike, it only suffered a scratched saddle bag, and a busted valve cover; from where one of the foot pegs was pushed through it. Both will be fixed, and we will heal. But the soreness we're experiencing right now will be a reminder for future rides that anything can happen anywhere, no matter how careful you are. I'm just glad that if this one had to happen, it happened right in front of the house so we didn't have far to limp to get home.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

Sorry you went down... Don't let any crazy fear set-in about it. A light spill is good for the soul, keeps us all humble and on our toes. The parts are cheap, the experience is priceless. Now you can put on those black valve covers as a sign of... well whatever.

Anyway, hope ya'll heal-up soon and get back at it. If shes got some cracks in there, she'll feal it when she breathes, moreso on deep breaths, at least in my experiences.

Stay strong, sweep the driveway, and whatever you do, don't fix that bag for a while.

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

Be careful with possible fx'ed ribs.A couple x-rays may be in order. If she has any difficulty breathing at all, I'd take her in.Not meaning to be a smart-alic, just concerned. Sorry for the spill, and I hope you guys are up and runnig soon! jimsjinx

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
imported post

Sorry to hear about the spill and I hope your wife's ribs are OK. It can happen anytime and to anyone.

·
Premium Member
2,642 Posts
imported post

Sorry to hear about the spill, prayers for a speedy recovery, now go take care of the little woman.............;)

·
Premium Member
6,193 Posts
imported post

Very sorry to hear about your spill, to echo the mishap learn from it, and not to be a drama queen, but cracked ribs can sometimes be more serious than just cracked ribs. Please take her to visit your Dr. x-ray's are cheaper than finding internal damage.

Hope you both heal quickly

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

So sorry to hear that.

That's why I'm ATGATT. You just can't plan when a spill is gonna happen.

G

·
imported post

I know the feeling.
Take care of the boss now. lol\
Hope she has a speedy recovery.
My boss and i did the same thing sunday.
Came to a stop sigh anlayed her right over.
Nobody was hurt, we both looked at each other like (what the hell just happened?)LOL

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
imported post

Too bad we can't plan our spills. If we could, I'd have mine in my driveway as well except I'd leave the wife off. If mine cracks some ribs she would quit altogether.

Heal well fellow rider. Heal well.

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
imported post

I had it happen a few weeks back myself and I am healed up from my mishap. Glad you both are in reasonably good shape from the fall. Take the wife in and get her checked out like what the others said, you can never be too careful with the wife for sure!

My wife told me that was the only one I get, so now I gotta be more careful..........

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
imported post

been there too. Glad you're ok. Hope your wife mends quickly too.

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
imported post

All the best to the wife! To you too. I hope you don't have a family of "told-ya-so's" turn out to explain the dangers of motorcycling.

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
imported post

Sorry for your mishap, wish you both a speedy recovery. If you need valve covers I have a set of GL 1100 covershanging in my garage you can have. I don't know what the postage would be but I can find out. Let me know. David

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
imported post

DavidinKY wrote:
Sorry for your mishap, wish you both a speedy recovery. If you need valve covers I have a set of GL 1100 covershanging in my garage you can have. I don't know what the postage would be but I can find out. Let me know. David
Thanks everyone, and thanks for the offer David. I put a cover on it yesterday, and I'm back to riding today. Hold on to those though, you never know when another "winger" may need them. I'm pretty much healed, just a few bruises left. My wife is getting better too. She told me to give her a couple of weeks to work the soreness out and she'd be ready to ride again.

I know our little mishap doesn't compare to some I've read about, but thanks for everyone's concerns. That's one of the reasons I consider this forum #1 for "Wingers". :)

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Oh man, sorry to hear, believe me I KNOW the feeling. Your wife if in pain should wrap her ribs to help ease it, and have them checked for comfort. At first I thought you didn't have engine guards but then you said the peg did it. Bummer. Take it easy, and remount. :action:

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
imported post

Real sorry to hear this,glad it wasn't any worse than it was, but it was bad enough.Hope you both heal up quick and get back to riding soon,

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

[align=center]Sorry to learn of your mishap Kevin Bozard :(I would take the advice of the other members andget Da Boss xrayed :clapper:Cracked ribs at timescan be more serious than broken ribs :shock:Better safe than sorry :([/align]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.