Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

This guy made a bike but to me it looks like it belongs in a circus. I dont know but he is asking a healthy price and why would someone put a Goldwing motor ona harley frame. Check it out:

http://easttexas.craigslist.org/mcy/998092092.html

edited to fix url

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Ooops...thank you :baffled:

·
Premium Member
12,781 Posts
imported post

IT may be a Harley Gas tank but its Hardly a davidson frame . Looks spot on to be GL1000 . Though the sterrring damper may be anice touch.

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

It looks like he had an abundance of different bike parts, put it together, painted it and called it custom. I guess it would be a custom but I do not see him getting almost 6k for it. Who knows???

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
imported post

activitytom43 wrote:why would someone put a Goldwing motor ona harley frame.

Because he could? Because no one else has one like it? Its not my ball of wax, butit is interesting to see what ideas people come up with. Why would someone take a 49 mercury, cut 4" out of the center all the way around it, weld it back together, then chop the top 3", put packard tailights on it, drop the suspension so it almost drags the ground...etc. That is ALOT OF WORK to do to an old car, and I dont have the notion to attempt such a thing, but when it is complete, it is an original, one of a kind. Its so amusing to see all kinds of things that people build. I had a wood shop teacher in high school that built a plywood body on a volkswagen pan, and painted it orange. it was UGLY, but original. :cheeky1:Send pictures of any weird built stuff to me!!!

OH, By the way, does anybody have a picture of a Harley Motor in a Goldwing frame?

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Here is the picture posted prior

Attachments

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Ooops, you said Harley engine on Honda frame....here is another custom Honda Goldwing

Attachments

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
imported post

But it IS original !!!!

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
imported post

Wasn't someone making Honda Davidsons a while back? Basically doing the same thing as here. I think I heard that Harley made him stop calling them that.

·
Banned
7,545 Posts
imported post

Reminds me of an old Johnny Cash song about stealing Caddilac parts over many years and putting them together.

·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts
imported post

W0W check out that trailer! I bet all you trailer draggers are drooling..

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,727 Posts
imported post

Ya know, just because you can, don't mean you should.

Some folks are just a bit lost for direction I think.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Early Valk. :baffled:

Personally I don't mind it, I think it looks quite nice and not cobbled together like so many hybrids.

Wouldn't buy it, but happy to admire the work. :)

·
Village Whack Job...
7,907 Posts
imported post

The description is wrong. That's a Goldwing frame. The engine crash bars wouldn't mount to a Harley frame no matter how good you are with a torch and welder. And making a GoldWing driveline work in a Harley frame would require way more work than anyone would be willing to do. They put the battery where the fuel tank normally is and buttoned up the sides of the frame. But it's deffinitely a GL frame. They prolly moved the coolant resevoir and electrical compnents into the fuel tank area as well. Fitted the Harly tanks and the after market light bar to the original forks. So the part about it being an Indian front tend is wrong as well. It has the original fender and that's definitely a Honda fender rail. Neither of which would have mounted to an Indian front end with out some serious rework of the sliders. It also has the original tach and speedometer. Which means it still has the original Honda front wheel and speed sensor pick up. Which would NEVER work on Indian forks. it also hase the original honda master cylinder and front brake system, again would never work on an Indian front end. Added some after market handlebars and threw a custom built seat system and backrest on it.

It's a cusomized GoldWing. I garuntee you it has a Goldwing title. If it doesn't you don't want it.

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
imported post

Call me crazy but I want to build a GoldWing steetfighter. My idea is to put the "patient" on a strict diet just to see how much weight can be shaved & then plastic racer type body panels to cover the engine area. This is critical as I don't want the unsuspecting "victims" to know what bike is spanking their little crotch rocket butts. The whole project would pay off just to see the look on their face when they realize they were just spanked by an "Old Mans Bike". I know I'm sick, perverted, demented, semi-psycho, etc. but it makes me smile.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.