Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldwing FB6

9K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  MSGT-R 
#1 ·
Schroeders Honda in Hendersonville, NC now has the FB6 in stock for sale. The prices start at $17,394. I just saw this today, I am in no way affiliated with the dealer, only posting what I saw.....Oops,I jumped the gun, they are taking deposits for spring delivery, price for the deluxe model is $18,194.00

#2 ·
It's a pretty sharp looking bike. I think Honda is trying to appeal to the younger generation with this bike. I like it a lot, and I'm an old man of 51! :)

#3 ·
I'm almost 54, and I like it. Unfortunately I cannot afford it.

#5 ·
I'm sure ya'll heard of E=Mc2
It's a new one for everyone.
BM/LW=SonicBoom

(BM=Big Motor / LW=Light Weight)
I have a feeling this 2013 F6B is about putting to rest Hardleys "147" machine. (aka: The Wing Killer)

Those who don't know what the 147 is. It's a specially built V-Twin ONLY built to (attempt) to put to shame the GoldWing.
What "they" don't understand is, the GoldWing is built for touring longevity and just so happens to be the fastest stock production bike built WITHOUT the need of custom parts to make it go fast and live a very long, very low maintenance machine.

OH SURE, it may cost a little more up front, but in the long run it's a really low cost vehicle.
Take for instance their lifespans. It's about 3 to 1 Wing.
...... Not to mention the down time. :shock:

Creature comforts? LOL, ABSOLUTELY no comparison.
;)

#9 ·
I'm sure ya'll heard of E=Mc2
It's a new one for everyone.
BM/LW=SonicBoom

(BM=Big Motor / LW=Light Weight)
I have a feeling this 2013 F6B is about putting to rest Hardleys "147" machine. (aka: The Wing Killer)

Those who don't know what the 147 is. It's a specially built V-Twin ONLY built to (attempt) to put to shame the GoldWing.
What "they" don't understand is, the GoldWing is built for touring longevity and just so happens to be the fastest stock production bike built WITHOUT the need of custom parts to make it go fast and live a very long, very low maintenance machine.

OH SURE, it may cost a little more up front, but in the long run it's a really low cost vehicle.
Take for instance their lifespans. It's about 3 to 1 Wing.
...... Not to mention the down time. :shock:

Creature comforts? LOL, ABSOLUTELY no comparison.
;)
:? Harley 147 ??? Even Google can't find it.

#10 ·
You're quite right. Must have been tak'n off the Net. The old links I had on file quit working.
Last night's pool league I ran into a hardley owner friend and asked him about the 147. He said the 147 was a private venture custom build strictly to out perform the 1500 and since the 1800 was released the 147 is now passe.
Just goes to show you how far behind hardleys still are, 10+ years.

Here's a couple quick search videos. I'm not gonna dig deeper. It's a moot point.

#14 ·
The raked triple trees or EZ steer are a great help, many trike owners who didn't have it installed complained that the trike was hard to steer and it bothered their shoulders. These units come in 4.5 degrees to 6.0 degrees of rake. 4.5 is normally uses on standard wheel base trikes and the 6.0 on long wheel base models. They can be interchanged, but you may find the 6.0 a bit touchy on the standard wheel base trike.
Roadsmith makes a very nice conversion.
Independent suspension gives a smoother ride and feels more responsive in twisties.

#15 ·
The raked triple trees or EZ steer are a great help, many trike owners who didn't have it installed complained that the trike was hard to steer and it bothered their shoulders. These units come in 4.5 degrees to 6.0 degrees of rake. 4.5 is normally uses on standard wheel base trikes and the 6.0 on long wheel base models. They can be interchanged, but you may find the 6.0 a bit touchy on the standard wheel base trike.
Roadsmith makes a very nice conversion.
Independent suspension gives a smoother ride and feels more responsive in twisties.
Thanks for the info. I'm a few years down the road (I hope), but one of the reasons I traded the Road King for a Wing was so I could trike it later and hopefully ride longer. I had no idea there were so many additional benefits to riding a Goldwing. Sa-prize Sa-prize Sa-prize!

Chief

#17 ·
The FB6 is a good looking bike, I kinda like my trunk though. Once I get to the point of not being able to hold up my bike I'll get it triked. I rode a few trikes but I just like the way two wheels ride.

#18 ·
Just when you think you are set in your ways, You have the bike that you wanted, then Honda brings out the "young man" still inside you..I like the looks but it appears that its really made for one up, my wife wouldn't ride around the block on it without something to lean back on???? Our son has offered us the use of either one of his motorcycles to go riding on, but both of them only have about an 8 in tall back rest..

#19 ·
I like the look of the fb6 I had the chance to sit on one at a bike show
the seat didn't seem any lower but a bit narrower up front allowing better footing for us little leggers ..not that much lower though... the one thing I did not like was a seam on the seat right were your inner leg would rub when stopped ..would not be an issue when riding ...be a fun bike to ride... ...but you may loose the passenger

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.