Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Banned
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I was on your forum and went to the map where you see what state claim they reside in. I noted page after page after page of goldwingers who claim they live in California and yet when I'm out on my Goldwing I see very few goldwings on the road but tons of noisy making Harleys all emulating their idles "thehell angles" of which I have no use for. Has anyone ever tried to have a "State Wide Goldwing Rally" in CA or is that a big waste of time and therefore most of us remain lone wolfs. Just asking if this has ever happened or is going to happen. I hope if anyone does this they do not hold it in SFC, LA. San Diego or some other crowded matropolis.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

This should be moved into the general questions section.

Other than GWRRA gatherings, not that I have heard of.
Start one.
Kinda hard as so many are lone wolfs, spotty riders, or they parked the bike and have lost interest in riding, some are still on the forum, inactive. If you click on their screen name, view profile, at the top you can click on pots to seen how active they are or not.
My 83 had sat in the original owners garage for 13 yrs, neglected as he went down at 35mph and was too scared to get on again.

·
Banned
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Well, I looked at the GWRRA rally's and they are all east of the mississippi. I guess nothing is going to change and I guess since the goldwing crowd aren't like the HD crowd animals that go to South Dakota nor do I know many that want to be like them the idea of having a rally in Ca is out of the question. Oh well, I guess it is what it is and we'll move on until the next question. Sorry to have bothered asking. I should have or maybe did know the answer before I asked.

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
imported post

I have never really seen anything of intress for a meet in Ca.

I lone wolf it all the time here in N/Cal.

The wife and I go to the coast or up the hill to Tahoe for lunch on weekends.

I see GW's from time to time here in Sac. or in the foot hills, but thats about it.

Kurt

·
Banned
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Same here. In 2010 the wife and I spent 12.500 (wekends only )in Ca from coast to sierra to NV and still never saw very many goldwings. I think there is more in the mid west and east coast. Ton of HD thought but all they want to do is go bar to bar to bar, speed and make a lot of noise and at every chance act like animals. Can't hang with that crowd, not my thing so I guess as I said I'll be a lone wolf. take care

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
imported post

It's all good, I enjoy riding not bar hopping.When I ride I ride not in the mood for BS.

I have the same problem as you, not into that groud.

But if your in the area we can get together. I do have a couple friends that have GW's.

Kurt

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
imported post

newday777 wrote:
...Start one...
> Ditto that... Why not create a gathering and see who shows up?

There seem to be quite a few riders in CA, especially SoCal.

Couple ideas:
-Invite all wingers
-Invite a Focus group, for Darksiders
-Invite a Focus group, for Dogs-on-wings

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
imported post

ALEX BERECZKY wrote:
newday777 wrote:
...Start one...
> Ditto that... Why not create a gathering and see who shows up?

There seem to be quite a few riders in CA, especially SoCal.

Couple ideas:
-Invite all wingers
-Invite a Focus group, for Darksiders
-Invite a Focus group, for Dogs-on-wings
I see the GWRRA have a meet every third week here in N/Cal. They like to ride around cones all day go to shops and BS. If your lucky they might ride across town to a I hop or something but thats about it.

They also want you to pay dues to be in there group........rather spend the money on gas for riding.

A meet upsite could be done (NO DUES NEEDED) type thing.Just get out and ride!

But then again I have three bikes that are set up up to do different types of riding.........like I said it's all good.

Kurt

·
Banned
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Well the wife said it's time to ride. I said pick a route and a place to eat and we'll go. Took off at 9:30 AM, went back roads to Peas Soups Andersons and then backs road Los Banos, 165 to Turlock, it was closed and had to do a U turn, back to Gustine, then to Hilmar, Stevenson, Turlock, Oakdale and back home. All back roads. That was 175 miles round trip for soup. She took her Christmas money and paid, so I'm good with that. Back at 3;35 PM, bike is parked, cleaned and tanked up ready to go again whne she free like it and of course can pay. I was in a Sonora GWRRA goup but they wanted to spend from 8:00 AM talking and BS-ing around until 11:00 AM and then we didntt go all that far plus for me that meams 1/2 the day is gone. So we quit and the wife and I do our own thing when we can. Know any ride around the Sac area. We plan on going to Quiny, sundial bridge and Dixie bridge this summer. Then in June Cajon festival in Red Bluff. I'm hungry !! Yes we are going alone for now if my other partner doesn't get his GW up and running by then. The longest day trip we took was from home, up over ebbetts pass, to monitor pass, 395 S to Tioga pass and than home. Short trip, = 13 hours OPPS I forgot to mention. The next morning we got up and did 10 hours more to Bodega Bya and then to work at 4:00 AM the next morning. Can't wait until my feidn gets their bike fixed but if not, wel, the eifes says we're goign anyway. the boss has spoken.

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

You know, there's enough of us in San Diego/Orange County that we oughtta have a coffee klatch at least once in Oceanside or Carlsbad just to say Hi.

·
Just one of the guys
4,799 Posts
imported post

Every get together, rally and ride you see on the events page was started by 1 person setting a date and place and people show up. If you want a California Rally go for it, most events have a hotel and campground that are near each other and people just hang and shoot the breeze or go for rides that are loosely organized. It is all good because there is no military lock step participation expected.

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

DougW wrote:
Every get together, rally and ride you see on the events page was started by 1 person setting a date and place and people show up. If you want a California Rally go for it, most events have a hotel and campground that are near each other and people just hang and shoot the breeze or go for rides that are loosely organized. It is all good because there is no military lock step participation expected.
Took the words right out of my mouth, Doug! :cooler:

Just scout around for a destination that has some good riding nearby, a clean, decently priced hotel that is very close to a campground and then post a date/time. Most like to pick a long weekend for those that have to travel a ways.

Those who are interested will show up.

Don't expect 100 to show, but a gathering of 20, or so is certainly not out of the question.

Go do your 'home work' and then post it and see what happens.

I've ridden from BC, down to GA to attend one and this past summer I rode over 21,000mi. tostring 6 M&Gs together. Had a ball and met new friends, as well as seeing old and familiar ones! It's all good!

Post it and They WILL Come!

·
Banned
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

The wife and I are thinking about taking the past week in may and the first two weeks in June and doing, Barstow, vegas, grand canyou south rim, grand canyon north rim, sodona and quite a few rountes you can find on MAD maps of that area. How many wings do you think would want to do that trip

·
Just one of the guys
4,799 Posts
imported post

nvrpc wrote:
The wife and I are thinking about taking the past week in may and the first two weeks in June and doing, Barstow, vegas, grand canyou south rim, grand canyon north rim, sodona and quite a few rountes you can find on MAD maps of that area. How many wings do you think would want to do that trip

Want to do it? Heck YES.

Able to do it, 'fraid not.

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
imported post

nvrpc wrote:
You might want to move your schedule up to late April - Early May. I took a mid June weekender to Mesquite NV back in 2008. It was 118* in the shade at noon & 100 at midnight. We stopped at Wal Mart & bought gallon jugs of water & soaked our outer wear at each stop. Once riding again, you were completly dry within 1/2 hour, & HOT

·
Premium Member
61,403 Posts
imported post

nvrpc

You must be close to me..I ride all the spots you go to plus.. 20,000 miles this year and a lot of that 2 up.. I'm not into big groups.. I only ride with a couple guys and we or I are out every weekend..

I'm always looking for someone who likes to go..

A meeting of local rides for coffee somewhere would be fine with me.......

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
imported post

nvrpc wrote:
Well the wife said it's time to ride. I said pick a route and a place to eat and we'll go. Took off at 9:30 AM, went back roads to Peas Soups Andersons and then backs road Los Banos, 165 to Turlock, it was closed and had to do a U turn, back to Gustine, then to Hilmar, Stevenson, Turlock, Oakdale and back home. All back roads. That was 175 miles round trip for soup. She took her Christmas money and paid, so I'm good with that. Back at 3;35 PM, bike is parked, cleaned and tanked up ready to go again whne she free like it and of course can pay. I was in a Sonora GWRRA goup but they wanted to spend from 8:00 AM talking and BS-ing around until 11:00 AM and then we didntt go all that far plus for me that meams 1/2 the day is gone. So we quit and the wife and I do our own thing when we can. Know any ride around the Sac area. We plan on going to Quiny, sundial bridge and Dixie bridge this summer. Then in June Cajon festival in Red Bluff. I'm hungry !! Yes we are going alone for now if my other partner doesn't get his GW up and running by then. The longest day trip we took was from home, up over ebbetts pass, to monitor pass, 395 S to Tioga pass and than home. Short trip, = 13 hours OPPS I forgot to mention. The next morning we got up and did 10 hours more to Bodega Bya and then to work at 4:00 AM the next morning. Can't wait until my feidn gets their bike fixed but if not, wel, the eifes says we're goign anyway. the boss has spoken.
Yup, you hit most of the areas I have rode this past summer. Monitor pass has a great park to ride threw on your way out to Bodie.

Bodga bay has great clam chowder.

See I think your trying to start something here......:thumbsup:

Kurt

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

Looks like you are garnering enough interest with this post to post a M&G in an area close by.

Why not do it? ...You'll get to meet up with some new people andyou may end up with a new riding partner to ride with you and your wife during your planned tour! :?

Post it .... and They WILL Come!

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
imported post

I am a lone wolf and I would prefer to not be worrying about my riding companions ability to keep up with me or me to them but would welcome any Central Calif. rides and probably participate. Hey the Dungeness Crabs at Moss Landing are comming in right now! Maybe by next year we could do a Crab feed meet! I do see a lot of Harleys on my rides! (In my rearview mirror!) Haha!:ROFL:

1 - 20 of 112 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.