Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I Have a 1983 Goldwing 1100 GL and I am not sure what the difference is between a normal -interstateis. How can I tell what model I have what must I look for?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum Nico, in 1983, there were three models of the Goldwing.

1) "Standard" This is the basic bike, no fairing, saddlebags or trunk.

2) "Interstate" This model has a fairing, saddlebags and trunk.

3) "Aspencade" This model has everything the "Interstate" has plus an AM/FM radio, onboard air pump and a digital dash board. (Interstate had the regular round analog guages)

Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
12,853 Posts
imported post

The 83 Aspencade also has a little better brake system . The front rotors are larger diameter and all three disc are ventilated .

·
Premium Member
1,474 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum from Waco Tx. NicoNel123, Your data plate is on the frame right below the handle bars. Honda added a letter behind the GL1100 to identify the series bike. GL1100 with no letter = standard.. GL1100I = the Interstate.. then the GL1100A = the aspencaide.. Over the years many of the standards and interstates have beenchromed out and assesoried past the the originals. Then again some have been stripped back to naked. Most all parts will interchange in same year. Many parts will swap outfrom 80 to 83Gl1100's. Guys here can give you the answers if you have a question on whether or not you can do most exchanges or what will fit. Again welcome to the forum. :cool:Keno

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

Hi Thank you very much.

Now I know what bike I have it is the interstate, will it be difficult to get the radio and the speaker system for these bikes? thanks again for your respons.

Regards

Nico Nel

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
imported post

Stock ones yes..they are on eBay once in awhile..but any standard car radio can be adapted and any good marine speakers should work.

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
imported post

NicoNel123 wrote:
Now I know what bike I have it is the interstate, will it be difficult to get the radio and the speaker system for these bikes?
Yes very difficult as there are many parts needed to complete the setup and they are all very rare.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
imported post

The best way to add a radi0 is to find a cycle sound unit sometimes you can find them on ebay. they bolt into the top of your fairing and you can put an after market radio and speakers in it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.