Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi Looking at the travel trip computer from a 1200 LTD that goes in the tank shelter lid.Is it possible to fit this unit into the 1200 aspencade?
I should think the dummy shelters are the same but could i connect it to the existing loom via existing trip or is it just not possible or just part connect.
the unit would look good in the tank even if it did not fully work just trying to make the bike more impressive than it all ready is.
so if theres any electrical wizzard that might have tryed this I would be greatfull for the spell?Now the winter as arrived i can take it off the road for a while so thanks to all you out there for any input on this subject. Cheers

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

I don't think it will work. Part numbers for the looms are different and the trip computer models have extra sensors.

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
imported post

The travel computer on the 1200 LTD and SEI uses a totally different wiring harness it is tied into so many thing like the radio and intrument cluster fuel monitoring and such. The basic 1200 has the same engine but the fuel injection changes everything.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Hi Thanks for the reply thought it was a bit to much and I think you have confirmed it . Cheers

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts
imported post

you would be able to fit it into the shelter but getting it powered up would not be possible at least not so it would be usuable for anything maybe other tan the clock

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Hi The clocks a start Thanks for that little ray of hope.Is the clock a seperate unit within the computer. Would it Light up the digital display screen with a seprate live supply to it? At first I thought I could tap into the wire on the trip unit on the handle bar yoke but not so. I will have to just fit it for {show!}I will have to post a photo of the completed bike and Side car. Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.