Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I have a honda goldwing 1986. I bought it for 2900 hundred rode on two trips and coming back the clutch started slipping. I checked clutch fluid cleaned and replaced clutch change the oil worked fine for a nother 30 miles started slipping again it has 100000 miles on . any suggestions. Do I have to take the motor out to replace the clutch? Or can it be a bad master cylinder?

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

I mean clutch plates.Do i have to take the motor out to change clutch plates?I used the oil 5 20 weight oil;

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

I replaced all new oil oil was very black i put the oil honda told me ..Its a little weird i replaced all hydrolic fluied and blead the the clutch. it started working normal i had a little play in the lever. I then put about 50 miles on it and the lever lost it play and clutch started slipping agian any sugestions????

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
imported post

THE CLUTCH LEVERIS HARD THEN IT START SLIPPING. tHEN I BLEADD IT AGIAN IT DONT SLIP FOR ABOUT 15 MILES THEN IT KEEPS GETTING WORSE WHEN I BLEAD THE CLUTCH FIRST TIME IT DID HAVE CRUD GUNK IN BOTTEM .SHOULD I REBUILD THE MASTER CYLINDER HOW HARD IS IT TO REBUILD ?????OR SHOULD I JUST TAKE ABART TO CLEAN??????

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
imported post

Wheni blead the clutch i take cover off put a socket on the slave cylinder loosen nut pull clutch lever back then tighten nut on slave cylinder.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
imported post

I still need help i blead the cluthch agian it worked for about 15miles then started slipping again . I then i loosen the valve on the slave released presure on the line .. Then i took off easy on the clutch handle and rode it around on highway 40 miles without using the clutch handle it did not slip at all i speed shift without clutch handle ?? any sugestions??????

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
imported post

Hello I got it fixed no slippage yahoooooooooooooooooo.. Thankks all for all the help..Well two bike shops said i needed clutch from 5 hundred to 1000 dollors..I was going to rebuild master cylinder but i took off the mater cylinder cover when i took the sludge out of the master cyilner i plugged the return hole i put a neddle in it and it shot fluid up. it wasent returning it was holding presure on the slave cylinder. I then rode it about 30 miles and it ran awsome no slippage . Again thanks for all the help..I was on the right track thank you i missed a couple of runs because i thought i needed a clutch thanks all who helped...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.