Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Went on a Monday ride yesterday but wanted something different.

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/DDQ6_p1IE5s&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

So what roads are those? Nice ride.

·
Premium Member
5,381 Posts
imported post

Nice

·
It aint rocket science
3,920 Posts
imported post

Nicely done vid.

JD

·
Senior Mem & Story Teller
3,498 Posts
imported post

Wish we had dirt like that to ride instead of the ball bearing like river gravel we have a mile of the reach hard road. Especially when the road commissioner grades it back into a 4" thick heart in your throat test of skill. You never know where it will take you.

Also wish we had views like that.

·
Premium Member
61,345 Posts
imported post

I was wounder where you were at.. The Lost Coast Hwy I know of starts a Frendale off 101 and ends at 101 By Garberville or the other way.. Paved with lots a potholes and ruts..

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

newday777 wrote:
So what roads are those? Nice ride.
Its Old Coast Rd, which starts by Bixbie Bridge in Big Sur. It wraps around east until coming back to SR1 by Andrew Molera State Park

·
Village Whack Job...
7,907 Posts
imported post

So, you took a luxury touring bike down an old dirt road.

And now you have blown fork seals to replace.

Yeah that seems about right.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Broke Winger wrote:
So, you took a luxury touring bike down an old dirt road.

And now you have blown fork seals to replace.

Yeah that seems about right.
Yep, I took a luxury tourer down a dirt road, and a racetrack (Laguna Seca and Buttonwillow), and ride the twisties with my sportbike buddies. Anyplace else you think I shouldn't go?

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

You handled the Wing very well Dookoo. Those were very rough looking roads for stock tyres and suspension, it can't have been an easy ride.
One of those things you can say you done and have the T Shirt. Well done.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
imported post

Nice video. What is the song and group used for the background music.

·
New Guy
791 Posts
imported post

looks like a nice ride. enjoyed the music. bummer about the fork seals.

ride on,

·
New Guy
791 Posts
imported post

looks like a nice ride. enjoyed the music. bummer about the fork seals.

ride on.

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
imported post

You're either an idiot, brave, or have more skills than most. If that were me, the seat would've been lost in my rear end. LOL!

Great video. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
imported post

Beautiful, DooKoo!!! Brings back some memories of when I rode my "luxury tourer" of the day...a '67 Guzzi Ambassador, over the "Oh-My-God Road" from Idaho Springs, to Central City, Colorado, in 1973...and the "Old Fall River Road" in Rocky Mountain National Park, on a '83 Honda 1100 V65 Magna, in 1987. :wtf:

Funny thing...I don't remember much at all, about the Interstate Hwys I've ridden (Nebraska used to have the world's best rest areas)...but BOY do those dirt-donkin' rides on washed-out trails stand-out FOREVER?....or what??? :thumbsup: :applause::congrats:

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
imported post

Very interesting video. I am curious about the camera mount. I assume you had to stop and remount the camera a few times or do you have something else? Please post some pictures of the mount system.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

FenderHead wrote:
Beautiful, DooKoo!!! Brings back some memories of when I rode my "luxury tourer" of the day...a '67 Guzzi Ambassador, over the "Oh-My-God Road" from Idaho Springs, to Central City, Colorado, in 1973...and the "Old Fall River Road" in Rocky Mountain National Park, on a '83 Honda 1100 V65 Magna, in 1987. :wtf:

Funny thing...I don't remember much at all, about the Interstate Hwys I've ridden (Nebraska used to have the world's best rest areas)...but BOY do those dirt-donkin' rides on washed-out trails stand-out FOREVER?....or what??? :thumbsup: :applause::congrats:
You hit the nail on the head. Next time I'm bringing a picnic boxand the missus so Ican have a nice meal in the middle of heaven. I'll be drivingmuch slower with her on board of course.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

Larry22935 wrote:
Very interesting video. I am curious about the camera mount. I assume you had to stop and remount the camera a few times or do you have something else? Please post some pictures of the mount system.
The rest are the stick on mounting bases that come with the GoPro Hero Motorsports package.

Attachments

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

I enjoyed the video Dookoo, thanks for sharing. I don't think I would have the bottle for that ride. Perhaps if I was 15 years younger, but not now. Good for you for tackling the adventure.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.