Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I'm purchasing a 2006 Goldwing GL-1800 from China and need to know what will be needed to done to make it meet USA Epa standards and DOT standards. Any help would be helpful.

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

First,Welcome to this Great Site!

Pull up a chair and join on in!

Ride Safe, Ray

:waving:

Just my 2 cents worth but wasn't it made here in the USA, I'd be leary of buying a wing from China and then trying to get it here in the USA. But I'm sure someone will come along and give you some info.

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
imported post

welcome... I have no idea what the environmental requirements are for motorcycles over seas. I would think the cost would be comparable to buying one here that already has the required EPA devices.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Sounds like a scam to me. How did a 2006 Wing get to China in the first place? It had to have been built here in the USA and it had to meet US EPA standards even if it was being shipped over seas.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,650 Posts
imported post

I haven't a clue as to whether they had different standards over there or not. But, it was manufactured here in the states before it got there in the first place. I would think that it should be ok.

Best of luck on your transaction of getting it here. I hope the circumstances are as represented to you, and the cost of shipping plus purchase make it a good deal.

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
imported post

I would be very careful there are a lot of scams out there make sure this is a legit deal before any money is sent. That wing had to be made here in the states and it would be interesting how it got there. I could only imagine what shipping would be from there. Ok I will hush now just be careful and good luck. oh let us know how this comes out.

·
Premium Member
6,870 Posts
imported post

Welcome from the
Steve Saunder's GOLDWING FORUM

A Big Welcome FromForestburg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.