Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

There used to be a Goldwing meet in Red River, New Mexico. Does anybody know if it still happens or?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I haven’t heard a thing about the group that used to come here. I saw them every year until I bought my Wing.

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
imported post

Yes, it occurs on Memorial Day weekend every year. It starts on the Thursday before Memorial Day and lasts through Mem. Day. The only option for lodging is camping or if you want to travel, motels in Taos, which probably cost alot during this event. We go to this rally every year but camp in one of the forest service campgrounds about two miles out of Red River. There are showers at the West end of town which are only 5 bucks per person. It's a real good time. Any other questions e-mail me and I'll try to answer them.
[email protected]
Mike

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks for the response. There used to be a
Goldwing group come up in August or Sept. They quit coming about the time I bought the new Goldwing.

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
imported post

Time for the New Mexico Wing Riders to bring it back to life. I think that there is about 50 on this forum alone. We start here and spread the word. Might even be a good opportunity for a couple of riders to go check out where to camp, etc. What say we get started? No one needs another GROUP to do what we we want to do. Zoom Zoom

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,147 Posts
imported post

I used to live in Ding Dong Daddyville, Dumas, TX.

I sure miss those trips up to Red River, New Mexico.

·
Premium Member
2008 Goldwing 1800
1,095 Posts
imported post

We go to Cimarron every summer to work at Philmont Boy Scout Ranch. From June 10 to August 10. We are looking forward to riding the Enchanted Circle with our new Wing. Any groups do any riding up there or in Southern Colorado? Would love to get together and ride just let us know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.