Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Can anyone on this forum that also owns a Harley please check in here? Also check in if you would like to own a Harley.

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
imported post

No....

·
Banned
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

Its not a yes or no question. It is a yes or no response at all question. Thanks anyway

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
imported post

Sorry....

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
imported post

As earlier stated I would like to have a Heritage Softail to scoot around on, but I would never give up my wing to get it. So unless I come into some extra money I will probably never get one.

My son just got a Heritagel and maybe I'll get chance to drive it soon. It's kinda weird that it is what it got considering I never told him I had been looking at them for a couple years.

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
imported post

I own a 1989 1200 SPORSTER.I like the bike very much.I also own a 1980 INTERSTATE.What a great combination the best of both worlds.I like both the bikes.

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Well lets see, I would have to say sure. As long as I can make it a trike. They even sell a tike now, I believe it is a Harley/Lehman Trike. I would love to have one. Can't afford one right now, but perhaps someday I will have both.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
imported post

I am a harley owner,97 sportster 1200.I use the sportster for short trips and ride it to work.I love the wing ,but some times it is like driving a motor home to the 7-11. 50 mile round trip to work is just right for spotster

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
imported post

I have a 1910 Harley Davidson "Silent Grey Fellow"

2005 Harley DavidsonSoftail Standard (converted to a Bagger)

2006 Harley DavidsonCustom Roadster ( Show Winner )

1986 Honda Goldwing Aspencade

I am also in the process of building another Vintage Harley and acquiring another Goldwing. Take Care - Jim

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
imported post

I don't really know...

I did own a 95 sportster 1200, I put 22,000 on it and sold it. At that time, it was the right bike for me.

I figure I'll upgrade in a few years, and I'll test ride the ultra glide, Victory vision, a LT BMW, and a gl1800. whatever fits what my riding style is at the time, I'll buy.

Regardless, Imay end up keeping my 1200, as the reason I'm waiting to upgrade is that we are building a house...with a garage, and garages are built to be filled. :)

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
imported post

well i have never had a harley and the idea of having a one has entered my mind and if the time was right and i had the cash i would, but i would not get rid of my wing.

·
Premium Member
4,472 Posts
imported post

As it says in my signature, my wife has a Harley and I have the wing. She often lets me ride hers though. But I mostly ride my wing. Not that her Harley is a bad ride, in fact it will easily walk away from my 25 year old wing. I just prefer the wing.

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

I grew up on Harleys. My Dad had several. I like them but won't buy one because I can buy bikes just as good at a third to half the price. The bike I have now fits me perfectly and I haven't found a Harley yet that is as comfortable and has the lean angle my bike has. I can't afford more than one bike so I ride the one that gives me the most for the money I have to spend. Don't get me wrong, I have a very warm spot in my heart for Harleys, my dad's passion for riding his Harleys flows thru my veins!

Bernie

·
Premium Member
2,642 Posts
imported post

A few years back I had the chance to buy a sweet Harley for 10,000. It had some nice extra's, screaming eagle parts in the engine etc. Wish I had bought it but at the time I was taking flying lessons and money was scarce. I now have my 93 Aspy and LOVE it, wouldn't swap for nothing but would still like to own a Harley before I croak........

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
imported post

Don't own a Harley....never have. Would I buy one? Maybe if I had the money and the price was right.

On another note, I would just as soon have a big Kawasaki V twin or a big Honda V twin AND would give up my Wing for one!
Blasphemy!!!

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
imported post

If the opportunity arose to get a HD for the right price and at the right time I would probably buy one. As you can see I already have gone Barvarian in addition to the Wings

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
imported post

I had a few old Harley panheads and knuckleheads and a 47 chief before goldwings came out and I liked the harleys but didnt care for the Indian . Ive always wanted a 80 cubic inch ulh Harley flathead. Would a buy a new one. no way.JB

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
imported post

As much as I love my OldWing, my dream bike has been a Harley for as long as I can remember. Missed an opportunity a few years back when a Shriner family member was upgrading his old HOG and was selling for a FANTASTIC price. Just didn't have the money. Having said that, I WOULD NOT HAVE A HARLEY PARADE BIKE instead of my Wing, but I would love to have one in addition to the wing. Given an option for the big dresser, or Heritage, it would be a tough decision, just because of the years of desire.

Having said all that, owning more than one bike at a time is not likely in my future (unless that powerball ticket comes through **crossing fingers ;)**). If it were I would have an entire garage full, everything from a 1800 Wing, 1000 Naked Wing, Heritage HD, Custom Parade Chopper, Bobber, BMW Dual Sport, ST1300, Ducati Monster, and either R-6 or Huyabusa(sp?). But you should see the list of convertibles my wife would have before that would be allowed to happen :)

Clint

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
imported post

No, not my life style. No tattoos, chains/jewelery, no man purse and I don't wear loafers without socks. I'm more into naked bikes, dirt bikes and hot rods.

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
imported post

I road an '88Softail Heritage for many years and loved it. Lots of great times, rallies, trips with friends, rode to the 50th Sturgis Rally with over 700 riders from Milwaukee, with Willie G. leading the pack. Met my wife while out on the Heritage. Got married at the Grand Canyon while ona trip on the Heritage.Met a lot of great people ona lot of great rides.

I still own a 2000 Wide Glide. However; since I bought the Wing, it's for sale as I'm not in for maintaining two bikes. The Glide is a nice town bike or short trip ride. It's tastefully customized. Did I mention it was for sale?

I'll always love Harley's and admire them, but the Wing wins in the touring comfort & performance category - so that's why I now ride the Wing.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.