Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Does anyone out there have any idea where I would find magenta paint for a 97 SE

in the Louth/Dublin area??

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

I KNOW THIS MIGHT SOUND STUPID ,,BUT HAVE YOU TRIED HONDA?It would be a good place to start ....if you have ,then if you go to a good car paint shop they should be able to colour match with the technology they now use ,,cheers Ciaran

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

Spectrum Paints in Ballymount (near Honda) can do this paint. Its the dreaded 3pack stuff that spray painter hate to work with. You spray on teh base coat, then several coats of the magenta dye to get it looking right and then apply the lacquer. If you don't manage to get Spectrums phone number IO'll check it out after work today and post it here.

BTW, asking Honda about this is a waste of time. Been there and done that with a 96 magenta.

Don't forget to put your location in your profile before Redwing starts hassling you. :)

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

:waving::waving:Welcome to the Best Goldwing Site on the Net, Pakki!:waving::waving:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

03Silver wrote:
Don't forget to put your location in your profile before Redwing starts hassling you. :)
Hey 03Silver :waving:Forearm is forewarned. :clapper:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
:waving::waving:Welcome to the Best Goldwing Site on the Net, Pakki!:waving::waving:
Hey exavid :waving: This is definitely a belated welcome for Pakki. :stumped:

:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
imported post

I got my paint from my local Honda dealerfor my beige & desert tan 1985 GL1200A.

:12beige:

It comes from Honda and it comes in two parts- one small bottle of paint with a dip in brush attached to the cap and one small bootle ofgell coat with a dip in brush attached to the cap. I have used it several times to repair the dings from over the years of riding and it works and look great.

They might not have your exact color, but they will know what is close and it should be okay...let them be the judge.

Good luck.:leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
2,169 Posts
imported post

Pakki wrote:
Does anyone out there have any idea where I would find magenta paint for a 97 SE

in the Louth/Dublin area??
http://www.motorbikepaint.co.uk/is the place to look. Give them a call with your paint code, and they will match exactly.

I know it's not Dublin/Louth, but it is another avenue to travel. Worked for me.

Phil.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Pakki wrote:
Does anyone out there have any idea where I would find magenta paint for a 97 SE in the Louth/Dublin area??
Hey Pakki :waving: Welcome to the Forum. :waving:I see you joined on the 16th March but it took you over a month to post a mesg. :stumped: The only help i can offer you is to Phone McPhersons on the North Strand at 01.8743369 :jumper: they might be able to help you. :weightlifter:please visit more often and enjoy the banter. :clapper:

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Redwing. wrote:
exavid wrote:
Hey exavid :waving: This is definately a belated welcome for Pakki.
Well hell, the Wexman or Silver could have done it, their company manners really slipped. Weren't you the one who was carping about me not using the spell checker? Well I did and I found one hex and two curses on me, thanks!

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

Pakki, Spectrum paints phone number is 01-4506604 and there address is Unit 11, Western Parkway Centre, Dublin 12. They definitely have the formulation for the magenta, thats where I got mine.

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
imported post

Hi Pakki,

Iwill be able tomix youa bottle of that paint no problem, my business is dealing with colour matching cars/bikes for smart repairs. Justemail me the colour code of the paint, you'll find that underneath thefuel flap on your 1500, also, it just happens that I will be passing Drogheda in the next couple of days, so Ican even dropit off to you, my email address is [email protected]

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Now thats what i call service with a smile. :clapper:Well done GreenWing :clapper:

:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.