Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I lost the left front side cover on my 1999 Goldwing and have been trying to find a replacement. The online catalogs I've looked at, list every body part but this one. Clymer's calls it the front side cover,and it is the chrome and color piece that is just in front of, and below the fuse cover on th eleft side of the bike. Anybody have any idea why this part isn't listed?

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
imported post

I can't help with this specifically. However, when I bought my wing this July, it was missing a battery side cover. Not finding anything on ebay, I finally went to the local dealer. He ordered a new part from Ma Honda, was right at $200, got here in a week. A little on the high side, but the bike looked bad without it.

Mine is an '89. I was really surprised that Honda still supplies these parts. Dealer told me that they have to be able to supply parts due to accidents, etc. Said when an insurance company pays for damage, it's expected the manufacturer will be able to supply parts.

You may not want to go this route, but I wonder if it's not an option, availability-wise.

·
Pwhoever
3,161 Posts
imported post

I think I know what part you are talking about. Sometimes you have to be a little creative when looking through the Honda fiche for parts. Take a look under Engine Guard and I believe you are looking for part #29 listed on http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche.com/cheapcycleparts/Honda_OEM/HondaMC.asp If your bike is red like in the avatar, I believe (but don't quote me on it) that it is color code R176.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

PWHOEVER,

Is this place for real? Prices are much less than I had expected. I can tell you that it is now in my favorites.

I found another source for the engine covers. Sable Cycles has a chrome pair of engine covers for $59. I was wondering if anyone had an experience with these?

http://www.saber-cycle.com/store/Sidecover2.html

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

We don't buy from SC. Too much trouble with them pissing off buyers with a really bad attitude and bad product support, not to mention bad parts. Just search the forum for Sabercycle and you'll find plenty about them, nothing good.

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

Now Baggy...I wouldn't say NOTHING good. I've never had an issue with them...but then again, I knew precisely what I wanted and whether or not a part would work for my application prior to ordering so...

·
Pwhoever
3,161 Posts
imported post

lbill95 wrote:
PWHOEVER,

Is this place for real? Prices are much less than I had expected. I can tell you that it is now in my favorites.....
I have used them several times and have always been satisfied. They are my favorite for OEM parts and are realy good with shipping times. They are also great to deal with over the phone if you have questions. They are an off shoot of S&S Powersports in Clarkesville Indiana. http://www.sspowersportsclarksville.com/ They have the online parts available on this site also but it's more expensive. Use their www.cheapcycleparts.com site for parts.

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
imported post

Were those full chrome covers ever stock on newer models or are the non-standard? Mine are only half chrome and half paint.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.