Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi all, well you all were right, the problem with the electrical on my gl1500 was the alternator brush's, I finely took it to the goldwing guru and the brush's were worn down past the replacement mark's, the guy at the shop said that when the brush's loose contact with the armiture, (sp) it will kill all power to the electrical on the bike. and i had a gas smell to which i ask him to find, he said it was a petcock on the bottom on the gas tank that went bad, he also said that it was some kind of a vacuum thing, so if anyone has a gas smell that they cant find, it might be that. after he got it running he said he could hear a rattleing noise in the front of the engine, so he got to checking and found out that the timeing belt's were so loose that were slapping in there and makeing that sound, so it probable was a good idea to take it to him. it cost me a little over 750.00 to get it all fixed but it was worth it, now Im ready to go for a good long ride:bowing:all

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,203 Posts
imported post

krall2, Glad to hear that all is copacetic on your 1500 now. They are a sweet bike to ride.

The vacuum operated gas shut off valve is known to have the diaphragm and gasket to seep a bit. Then the fumes come right up into your face.

I've got family in Gillette, she's only 99 years young and still counting :waving:

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

that is a great age, I hope I make it to that young, later my friend and fellow goldwinger

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
imported post

Open the fuel door. You should be able to see the silver valve inline with the fuel filter. There will be a vacuum line that will 'open' the valve when the engine is started. You will need to remove the panel holding the radio in order to get to the valve.

N0PHL

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
imported post

Your mechanic saved your engine when he found your loose belts! your cash was not wasted!!

·
Premium Member
63,096 Posts
imported post

He sounds like a mechanic you want to run into at any price.. What's a engine job worth??????

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
imported post

to rebuild a wing engine, Parts & labor would easily hit a couple grand.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.