Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from a 3 week vacation. Did NOT take trusty Goldwing. I think it is miffed. problem started after return. running rough. Hesitant. #'s 3 &4 pipes cooler than 1&2.
Changed 3&4 coil and no improvement. Changed "ballast resistors".
Should I look for a 1 ohm resistor that lives between coils??
I have shown adequate contrition for not taking the bike on vacation, but still cannot seem to eliminate issue.
the fact that 3 & 4 (same coil) is the only thing that seems out of sort even after switching coils. Problem does not seem to follow a coil relocation.

·
Administrator
24,412 Posts
Changed 3&4 coil and no improvement. Changed "ballast resistors".
Should I look for a 1 ohm resistor that lives between coils??
The resistor between the coils is the ballast resistor. If it works for 1 coil it works for both. Did you swap the ignition modules? If you change those, and the coils all that's left that would cause 1 coil to not fire is the pulse generators, or of course a wiring connection.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
goldwing revenge

3&4 are not completely dead. just seem to be only firing part of the time and weakly. when on the road and wot the bike pulls strongly. just idle and slow speeds it is kinda lumpy. Ignition modules swapped out as well.

·
Administrator
24,412 Posts
3&4 are not completely dead. just seem to be only firing part of the time and weakly. when on the road and wot the bike pulls strongly. just idle and slow speeds it is kinda lumpy. Ignition modules swapped out as well.
So we are probably not looking at an ignition problem after all. Your low speed jets are probably clogged.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
but on 3 & 4 only?? will run a "Seafoam" cure/flush and see where that leads.
thanks for the input Dave

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So---new plugs, swapped coils/ignitors. Cleaned every little contact on all the ignition plugs-contact cleaner and assembled with dialectric grease. Seafoam in gas.
Everything now back to normal. Bike runs as it should. I guess my penance for not taking wing on vacation is up.
YAY!!
Thanks for input people!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts