Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

:(hey all,

just a little bummed i cant seem to find any wing runs here in the U.S.( upstate new york Area) they all seem to be from the west or in europe what givess somebody send help to the east coast we need wings (not Chicken Wings Either). please let me know where the wing runs are in the north east U.S.

:cooldevil:hy

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Whats north east of the USA ?Ireland of course ,,come on over here and come on some of our runs:D:D:D..ciaran

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

wexman wrote:
Whats north east of the USA ?Ireland of course ,,come on over her and come on some of our runs:D:D:D..ciaran
You silly boy Wexman!! What is the poor lad going to ride, Redwings Honda 50?

That said, back in the early 80s a bunch of Wingers from Uk, did charter an aeroplane and ship themselves and bikes for a tour of US. I can still remember the cost was around £800.00. it was at a time that I wasn't exactly flush, but I sure would have liked to have gone.

Pete

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

But REDWINGS honda 50 is no ordinary honda 50 ,,,Once he gets Shep (his dog) pulling well ,he can get 26 mph out of it and it has lots of shiney bits on it ,,mostly redwings jewellery...Ciaran

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

wexman wrote:
But REDWINGS honda 50 is no ordinary honda 50 ,,,Once he gets Shep (his dog) pulling well ,he can get 26 mph out of it and it has lots of shiney bits on it ,,mostly redwings jewellery...Ciaran
Oh no, now I have a picture in my mind of a 79yearold "Mr. T" (from the A team) hurtling down the highways and byways of Ireland, with a collie, dragging him along.

Pete.

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Hey you guys :stumped: Just because i can't afford a :1000red: :11red: :12red: :15red: :18red:doesn't mean you can have a laugh at me.:crying:I wouldn't loan my Honda 50 to anyone except my neighbour .:shakehead::banana:

:byebye::18red::byebye:

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
imported post

Silicon Sam wrote:
Don't limit yourself to just Wing runs... Most of the bike rallies and stuff I've been to had Wing riders in them. Here's a good site listing all the runs state by state. Select the new state on your left margin.

http://www.lets-ride.com/event/newyork.htm

Raymond

Good site!!! Thanks Raymond:dance:

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
imported post

I'm no sure how far you're willing to travel, but here's a good one for you. I went last year and saw alot of wings. There were over 6000 bike in attendance.

http://www.harleybay.com/fleetride.shtml

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
imported post

That is not too far for us to ride. I will check my schedule and see if I work that weekend. Thanks for the information Rick. :goofygrin: :goofygrin: :goofygrin: :goofygrin: :goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

robeth wrote:
Hey, Administrators,

How about a "Rides" section on this board?
What do you think this is :baffled::baffled::baffled:..if you read through the posts they are ALL for ride outs ....Man I think some people are asleep here ...Get an alarm clock and wake up :D:D:D Ciaran

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

wexman wrote:
robeth wrote:
Hey, Administrators,

How about a "Rides" section on this board?
What do you think this is :baffled::baffled::baffled:..if you read through the posts they are ALL for ride outs ....Man I think some people are asleep here ...Get an alarm clock and wake up :D:D:D Ciaran
Yeah, im the only member allowed to sleep on this forum, :rollingeyes:and i even know that this thread is for ride outs. :blackstuff:

:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
imported post

Morning hy2long,

Check out one of our Local groups http://www.starsociety.net/ They meet every wednesday evening at Fairmount Fair at the Hoffmans Hot Hause at 6:30 for an Ice Cream Run and every Saturday they have a decent run.

This Saturday it's Blues in the Bay at Alex Bay.

Also the Local CNY GWRRA Group is located in Central Square.

C Ya

Good Luck

Doug West
Mohawk

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
imported post

Hey wexman, do they make pontoons and paddle tires for the wings????:baffled:

We might need them if any of us want to come over and join in on the runs in Ireland. :grinner::goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

hey mohawk,

i went on a couple of the star rides and had a blast :cooler::clapper:especially liked the one to rudy's and the one to the ice cream joint in b-ville over the summer i will be doing alot more of them this summer so i hope to ride:11black: and see ya there, :cooler:

Remember, only a dog with his head out the window knows how a biker gfeels in the wind:11black:

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
imported post

hy2long wrote:
:( hey all,

just a little bummed i cant seem to find any wing runs here in the U.S.( upstate new york Area) they all seem to be from the west or in europe what givess somebody send help to the east coast we need wings (not Chicken Wings Either). please let me know where the wing runs are in the north east U.S.

:cooldevil: hy
Hi hy2long,

There is a breakfast ride in on the first Sunday of each month starting in May, I believe. In support of local farmers. It is located somewhere near Fort Drum. Cost is like $6.00 USD. All you can eat breakfast buffett. Ton's and ton's of bikes show up to this event, so I have been told. I will be making the trip down this year for the first time. Usually a group from my area in Ontario go for this breakfast. Afterwards, there is always rides leading in some direction. Maybe able to use an event like this to connect to others of similar interest. Who are local to your location.

I will get more exact details and post for you.

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

Thanks 01 hgw,

Thats a nice ride on a sunday morning about 2 hours north on the highway

might make for a nice riding day and again thanks :clapper::D

hy2long

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
imported post

hy2long wrote:
Thanks 01 hgw,

Thats a nice ride on a sunday morning about 2 hours north on the highway

might make for a nice riding day and again thanks :clapper::D

hy2long
No problem. That's what we're here for. To help each other out. I will post closer to the time, when I plan on going. Maybe we will be able to meet.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.