Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I am selling this brand NEW never used and “still-in-the-box” high quality Saddleman seat. It’s an awesome seat. Reason for selling is that I ordered two different ones in and made a choice of what one I wanted. I will be doing a write up on the two seats soon in the tech forum.

If not purchased this week, I will be sending this back to JC Whitney in the US. Here is a chance for Local fellow Wingers to see and touch a high quality Saddleman seat and not having to risk ordering one in and not liking it. So if you need a seat for your Wing, this is a golden opportunity for you. You can even see what it looks like on my bike as mine is similar. Fits 1980 – 1982 Goldwing. Maybe a few older Hondas as well.

I am selling this for what I paid for it. Not for profit. A firm $151.00 (and no tax!)

Features:

Seat features premium black vinyl cover (double stitched for strength) and one-piece molded polyurethane foam cushion

Cover is attached to cushion for easy installation

This seat replaces your stock seat with a comfortable double bucket seat. It is deeply contoured for riding comfort on long or short trips. It has a diamond-stitched pattern. Driver and passenger sections have deep well recess that provides sure support and prevents sliding. Custom fits your original stock seat base pan…no special tools required. A staple gun is all that is required. I can even help you out with the install if you wish. It's not really that hard and it's great quality.

Contact Tim right away at

or PM me.

Thanks everyone!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

Another picture...

Attachments

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,767 Posts
imported post

That sure is a very nice looking seat.

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

AZgl1500,

Yes, this is a very nice seat. They are very sturdy.

This is the one I chose for my bike. I chose the wider, fuller seat. Both my wife and I are... well, have a few "extra" pounds and like the extra width. I have to re-do the backrest and I needto make up aset of new little bags for the sides. It looks so empty back there without them.

The seat(s) are very stiff and am looking forward to breakingit in. It puts me up about 2.5 to 3 inches taller in the seat on the one I have installed.

Tim.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
imported post

That's a very nice seat, I am in the middle of replacing the engine on my 1975 GL1000 (siezed/bent rod) with one that I have not fully validated (it was cheap though) and if I get it running by Monday I would seriously consider a new seat for the bike too. Can you hold off on sending it back till then? I am less than an 45 minutes drive away.

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Hey Nofixedaddress,

I am not sure if it would fit your seat pan. It would not hurt to bring it with you when you come if it is still available. Give me a shout.

Like I have been telling everyone, it's a first come first serve deal. I will be sent back probably on Wed. I can't hold this for anyone. I have "held" things for people in the past that ended up not wanting it and a "real" sale was lost. Sorry about that.

It's a wonderful seat though.

Tim.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
imported post

I fully get that, take the sale when you get it for sure, I was just hoping if not sold by June 15th you would still have it and not ship it back, so I might have a chance to see it/compare layout to my seat/bike.

Chris

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

It "may" be gone on the weekend. There is a gentleman up by the Oakland Zoo that says he wants it and will come for it on Sat. I told him the same thing. I will let youknow how it works out when ever he comes down if I don't see you first.

I should be up you way today on the bike. It's too nice to stay on the office!!\

Have a great one!

Tim.

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Hi Everyone,

The seat has now been sold.

However, due to a very popular demand, if any one wants to see the seat and the install to see if it would be somthing that would be interested in ordering, please contact me.

I have had a few people come to see the seat today even though the one I was selling was sold and gone.:)

Tim.

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
imported post

Hey MrMagicFingers,

I am up here in New Brunswick and looking to have my seat recovered on my 82, best price I can find locally to get this done is around $150, would love to know where you picked this seat up for such a good price. Please PM me to let me know. Next time I head down that way I will have to take you out for a coffee as a thank you.

Blaine

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.