Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

not sure. The manufacturer says it will fit. It will definately fit 1500 though.

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Do you have a picture or a reference to a pictureof the same, I need a new one after going through mine.

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts
imported post

East_Winger wrote:
Are Gl1200, GL1500 & GL1800 windshield same?
No, I don't think they are.

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
imported post

Maybe I am missing it but who is the manufacturer and what is the model #? Reason I ask is I might be interested.

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

oharaLTD wrote:
East_Winger wrote:
Are Gl1200, GL1500 & GL1800 windshield same?
No, I don't think they are.
That's right. When buying them from Wingstuff you select the screen suited toyour Goldwing model from the drop-down list.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

all 3 screens are different and cannot be interchanged .. Ciaran

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
imported post

wexy wrote:
all 3 screens are different and cannot be interchanged .. Ciaran
That's what I thought, thanks for the confirmation :bowing:

Just collected my GL1800 yesterday, If interchangable, I would change the stock short windshield with my GL1500's tall windshield. :)

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
imported post

I was under the impression that a windshield from a 1500 could be altered enough to fit a 1200 with minor drilling.

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

But why would you want to drill a new windshield and possibly compromise it's strength. The attachment points at the bottom are not all that far from the edge. I know I broke both the outside trying to fly through it. If you take more away, na, I would not do it for the fact of safety in itself.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

holly609 wrote:
I was under the impression that a windshield from a 1500 could be altered enough to fit a 1200 with minor drilling.
You can put a windshield from a car on a wing if you do enough drilling :D:D

My point was that the screens are different .if someone wants to experiment drilling a screen to make it fit then by all means go ahead it is their money..Ciaran

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.