Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I'm new to this forum... so this question may have been asked before.
The BMW Airhead guys that I ride with have a Tech day 2 or 3 times a year. These guys either ride or trailer their bikes to a Host's garage and provide technical expertise to those who need it. Everyone shares in if they can. The Owner does the work with the Experts guiding them. It would be great to have a few Gurus share their knowledge with us Newbies. We could do Timing Belts, Forks, Clutches or whatever minor stuff could be accomplished in a two day weekend session combined with a Camp-out and ride. At least a how-to minor maintenance session(s). Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
imported post

Hi Ahnerrj,

Awesome Idea!!! I would love to see that around here.

Tim.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,198 Posts
imported post

And you just missed a most fantastic opportunity down at Calhoun, Georgia where the 1st NASSIR rally event was held.

Others will come up from time to time.

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

I would be interested in an Ohio-Kentucky-Indiana area Tech Day?

·
Administrator
26,569 Posts
imported post

Sounds like a good idea to me too. I would be willing to help if one is organized within a few hours of me. Basically all of Arkansas, parts of Texas, Oklahoma and Louisiana.

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

My bike could keep you guys busy for a long time:cheeky1::cheeky1:

Awesome idea :cool:

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
imported post

I for one would love to have something like a tech day available to me. I'm not afraid to turn a wrench, but the idea of having someone who really does know what they are doing helping would be awesome. :cool:

I don't know how good an idea it would be to mix a tech day with a rally though... that might tend to keep the gurus and those needing help from attending to any of the other activities which are planned in a rally. :baffled:

just my $0.02

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
imported post

wouldn't be cool if we managed to have an "international tech day" . maybe someone in different regions host a day!

Robin:goofygrin:

·
Administrator
26,569 Posts
imported post

rebulljr wrote:
I don't know how good an idea it would be to mix a tech day with a rally though... that might tend to keep the gurus and those needing help from attending to any of the other activities which are planned in a rally. :baffled:
I think a tech session should be a part of a rally if there is time for it. I enjoy working on things as much as socializing ,as long as it's not actually at work.

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
imported post

My old riding group, the Rocky Mountain Sabres (honda ShadowSabre) in Denver, have been doing that for years. We've had a Spring Mod Day and a Fall Mod Day, where we all got together at my place, did oil changes, rear gear oil changes, brake fluid changes, installed grip heaters, risers, light bars, and anything else the bike owner wanted to do.
I provided the beer/ burgers and dogs.
We always had a great time.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
imported post

Beer bottle opener mod

Attachments

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
imported post

Everyone busy doing something

Attachments

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
imported post

We all pitched in a couple dollars, and got JW an aux fuel tank, as, he always seemed to go to reserve first. Not any more.

Yea, we do things like that.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
imported post

Bon Jovi watches, while Ethan changes the brake fluid, and Larry the cable guy holds the brake fluid.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
imported post

Fuel tank mounted

OK, I'll quit. But, my point I'm trying to make is, how muchcan be done as a group, how much fun we have, and what 'family' is all about. I miss those guys (and girls)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
479 Posts
imported post

The saber/magna group i'm in has what they call a "wrenchfest" here & there throughout the year.

Usually at someones house- that has a garage and the host usually helps out with fod & beverage & a place to rest & there are 2 or three projects taken care of, and attendees chip in with donation to help out.

I works very well, and would be super for there to be goldwing wrenchfests too.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
imported post

Davogd430, you do have a more than valid point. I guess I was thinking more of the types of issues :2finger: that I know I have with my bike :doh:. Maybe even wishing that I had a resourcfe close by that I could turn to for hands on help and advice :goofygrin:

I think that any type of rally or get together would be a heck of a good idea though. Not only for tech help, but fun and friendship as well.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,198 Posts
imported post

I can see where having a local Tech Session could be very beneficial. The idea of throwing on a few burgers or brats to help the evening along just enforces the "family atmosphere".

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
imported post

Wow!...that's an awesome idea!! Cept I don't think many people live anywhere near me...:(

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.