Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
imported post

That's it!!!!!!! I'm selling my trailer and I'm gonna pull my Ford F250 with a camper on the back. Here I thought I was gonna have to get a fifth wheel toy hauler, or a motorhome with a garage to haul my bike.

Kyle

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Yeah we had that video on the forum some months ago. One prevailing opinion was sympathy for that poor bike's clutch!

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

Done properly the clutch shouldn't take much abuse:baffled:

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
imported post

I never never neverwould have thought about this or even considered this possible. :jumper:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

DigbyODell wrote:
Done properly the clutch shouldn't take much abuse:baffled:
Done properly one wouldn't do that to a bike. It's gonna take a good bit of hp to get a 3000lb load and the bike moving and there's no way I can see to do that without a lot of clutch slipping to keep the rpms up enough to generate the needed hp.

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
imported post

Never mind about getting going.......howsabout getting stopped!!!!!!!:baffled::stumped:

Kyle

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

It would be the same basic princible as a semi, only on a smaller scale...Given the standard clutch wouldn't/couldn't handle that, so I am sure they have a beefed up clutch to handle the extra torque needed to get moving..

I am far from a mechanical engeneer but I am sure that was one of the first concerns along with the braking system.. Just my $0.02:waving:

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
imported post

I believe that the trailer portion has electric braking. That would be the only way to safely stop that kind of load with a bike.

·
Premium Member
4,948 Posts
imported post

Still a lot of mass to get stopped, especially in a hurry. Add wet or slick roads and wheeeee you might get to see your trailer pass you. I also noted that they had to ride through the office area of their shop to get out. Hmm.

Hobie

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

I think it is neat, even though I too wonder about the clutch and brakes, also I don't condon riding motorcycles in the office either.:)

Gene:waving::11red::11red::11red::cooler:

·
Premium Member
4,948 Posts
imported post

Yeah, the office thing is kind ofweird. You'd think that to build something like that you'd have a shop door at least. I bet they spend a lot of money on rug shampooing too:D

BTW, I've hit 500, count them, FIVE HUNDRED, posts. Wow. They love me they really love me.:goofygrin:

Hobee

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Hobie1 wrote:
Yeah, the office thing is kind ofweird. You'd think that to build something like that you'd have a shop door at least. I bet they spend a lot of money on rug shampooing too:D
BTW, I've hit 500, count them, FIVE HUNDRED, posts. Wow. They love me they really love me.:goofygrin:
Hobee
A bit of a misquote from Sally Fields, but acceptable all the same. Congrats!:banana:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.