Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,198 Posts
imported post

Well, I have been looking for an 1800 trike, so I emailed the seller and asked for telephone number so that I could talk with them.

We will see where it goes. If it is true and it can be looked at somewhere this side of Africa, then I may follow up on it.

But if it goes like the last one I followed, the bike kept moving every time I figured out a way to go see it.

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts
imported post

five grand, thats not right, thats got to be a scam

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,198 Posts
imported post

Precisely and that's what I said in the email I sent.

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

******* wrote:
five grand, thats not right, thats got to be a scam
follow up. i was told its in rhode island. how can ebay allow such scams

i also reported to ebay as scam. hope i did it right. and sorry i posted here

mark:waving:

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,198 Posts
imported post

Okay, it is supposed to be in "Houston" and this is what I get back from the a$$hole. Scammer just like all the rest that we have seen.

You will note here that I specifically requested that he give me a telephone number and that I would call him and have a friend in Houston go by to take care of the transaction. Payment given, title received. I had in mind Redbaron for this, would ask you that later Claude but I knew it was a scam.

=========================================

Hi there,

Before we go ahead,in case you are still interested, some words about the trike: This is a 2005 Honda Goldwing GL 1800 Trike, with 13k miles,clear title,one owner,perfect condition.

Price is $5000.00 .Trike will be shipped from RI on my expenses by DAS(the only shipping service recommended by ebay) .My brother who works for DAS (Dependable Auto Shippers) will take care by the shipping .I will support the shipping costs and insurance,shipping will be door to door.

The transaction will be closed only through eBay, in this way we will both be protected. You will have 3 days from the time you receive the trike to inspect it and decide if you want to keep it or not.

If this is the trike you are looking for and if you agree with these conditions let me know and i will set up the transaction through eBay.

Thank you

PS: If you want to see more pics just let me know!

Samuel Rodebush

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,198 Posts
imported post

I just can't imagine that anyone would fork over money on something like this without checking it out first.

Why do they think that anyone would assume that a bike like that one would go for only $5,000 ? That seems to be a magic number for all of these scam artists.

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

I just can't imagine people still think a lightly used GL1800 trike is a good deal at $5000. But people must be sending the scammers money, or they wouldn't be trying it....

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
imported post

Watch out, this guy is a big scammer. He did the same thing to my husband with a Mustang. When we told him we would not pay through Ebay, that we would come see the car in person before we gave him any money he never contacted us again. He has stuff for sale all over the internet so do not even bother if you see his name.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.