16,809 Posts
imported post

I've done that before Dylan:shock:

Not!!!:ROFL:

·
Valkyrie Scum
2,777 Posts
imported post

Any cycle worth it's salt can pull a wheelie - getting it up in the air is not a problem. It's bringing it back down without busting anything that's the trick. All that weight comes crashing down pretty hard.

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
imported post

I've seen it in person. I didn't believe it at first, but yep, stock the wing can do it. :) I'll never do one with my wing though.

·
Valkyrie Scum
2,777 Posts
imported post

mrmikey wrote:
That looks so wrong. It's be hard on the front end would it not?.....Mike
I've heard of bigger bikes (heavier) tearing up their front ends pulling wheelies. All that weight doesn't react well to sudden stops.

·
Premium Member
17,087 Posts
imported post

I can see that it could be done, but why? If it were a crouch rocket, sure but a Goldwing... really? :?

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
imported post

I pulled a couple of wheelies with my VTX. The first one startled the crap out of me. The second time I was trying to do it. The last time was at the last Honda Homecoming. We were winding down to the end of the lights ride in Marysville and the crowds were pushing in on the sides. I forgot mama was on the back and I wanted to do a small burnout in front of the crowd. I revved it up and dumped the clutch and up she came. Imean WAY up.It came right back down and the better half liked to beat my back to death. Little did she know I was probably more surprised and shakey than her.

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
imported post

I pulled an accidental wheelie on my GL1000 and when she came down, it ripped the left front seal apart!

I had fork oil splattered all over the Vetter fairing from coming down hard. :shock:

That gave me a new respect for her though! ;)

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
imported post

Good one now do it with the throttle not just a clutch drop grab 2nd gear and set it down with wheel speed not just drop it on it's nose. Future Ebay parts bike.:gunhead:

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
imported post

Done that, too. Wasn't in my plans at all and caught me by surprise.

·
Premium Member
479 Posts
imported post

Of course it can be done. It just can't be made to stay up there, uz the pipes prevent the Wing from getting high enuf to get into a balanced vertical situation. torque & power will lift it, but it stay there long.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
imported post

my 1500 came up on a shift once 1st 2nd, my buddy freaked out,that may have been why i beat his H/D ultra glide that day, he has not picked on me since then :15magenta:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.