Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello All

Iv seen some Goldwing with automatic wipers and some with manual wipers.

I had one a Automatic one and it worked grate i could see clearly in the rain and all the wind and rain was kept off me.

Posting about it on the owners club for my bike asking about a manual wiper, and they get pissed off.

''Bike with a wiper on, ur not a biker''

'' Its not a bike ''

So they deleted the post and told me any other post regarding stupid comments on how to fit a wiper to a Tall screen will be deleted.

How tell me If i came along here with my goldwing and stated asking qeastion about a Wiper on my goldwing , what would you lot say or do or react?

I know some goldwings are f*** with wipers as there nack the screen, as they use the wrong ones.

Mine works perfectly with no scrachts as i use a Flat Blade with Rubber supports to provent any scratcing. it clears rain off in a instant and i think my riding is safer as i ee no rain drops on my screen so i have 10x more clear vission in rain than a biker looking throw the helmet Visor.

Comments and options ?

X9Travels

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

I'd like to see your wiper system and have you tell us about it. I know the Japanese version comes with an electric wiper.

Riding a Goldwing gives a lot of insults from other brands. We don't care what others say.

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I said to the fourm i was on.

Have any one here riden with a wiper and larg screen.....all of them say no.

I say i have and it works grate . so cost non of them havent even tryed it and there like - your no biker go away and get a car.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Make it.

I'd like to see it for one.

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

It would be interesting to see.

Although I am old school and am always looking 'over' the windscreen, I can see the advantage of having a wiper set-up, to see more clearly directly in front of the bike, or if you're just 'hiding out', behind the screen when it's raining 'buckets' and you're wearing a shorty or open face helmet. I've done my share of long hours/days tucked in behind that screen while its raining.

Go ahead X9, ..... let's see what ya got. :clapper:We're all about 'comfort', here. :D

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
imported post

I fully agree. We GoldWingers lead the field anyway, they may be just puppies following the Big Dog, spittin' and fussin' out of jealousy.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Firstly X9 Travels, a warm welcome to the site, think I may have missed earlier posts of yours and missed saying Hi. :waving:

Secondly, how dare you come on here and mention the wiper word!!!:shock::cheeky1::cheeky1:Only joking, they have been mentioned on here plenty and one of our members, Niteflyer even made one for his Wing, having got no joy trying to source one from Mother Honda. He finds it works great. So there will be plenty of people who will be interested in your system.

Please don't expect everyone to agree with the idea that all Wings should have one, as there are bound to be folks who worry about the scratching of the screen and understandably, because they aren't cheap things to keep replacing. You will however find that folks on here are agreeable to listening to ideas and things that may enhance the riding experience. Because we all mostly ride Wings, we are pretty broad shouldered and I wouldn't mind a pound for everytime a crotch rocket rider has said to me "Wings.... just a car on two wheels" :cheeky1:

As long as you don't get offended by questioning about your system then everything should be good, so fire away, we are all ears. :)

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
imported post

welcome to the forum i once rode a 1500 with an electric wiper and what a great idea it worked realy well i have ofte thought about trying to make one using a motor from a landrover series 2 they mount direct onto the winscreen with a single wiper blade.

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
imported post

No you are not a biker. You are a concerned motorcyclist trying to gain the best out of his riding experience. I was thinking of adding a trike kit if only for the winter just so I could ride.
Im glad you came here. Welcom and please show us some pics.
I have seen some fabricated models including one witth a handle on top that you wipe every so often.
I believe a good cleaning and some plexus or wax on the screen should allow for quicker water dispersion.

While flying cessnas I noticed the rain never stayed on the windshield. I think the solution in props on the front of our bikes.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
imported post

I would love a wiper on my windshield. For anyone who wouldn't want one, I'm not sure if they know what it's like to ride long distance in the rain. I could be wrong though.:baffled:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

One thing that has always been in my thoughts about wipers on bike screens is would it be possible to have a water jet system to accompany it, to get rid of bugs and crud in the same way as on a car? This I would have thought might provide extra lubrication that woudl help preserve the screen.

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
imported post

X9Travels wrote:
Hello All

Iv seen some Goldwing with automatic wipers and some with manual wipers.

I had one a Automatic one and it worked grate i could see clearly in the rain and all the wind and rain was kept off me.

Posting about it on the owners club for my bike asking about a manual wiper, and they get pissed off.

''Bike with a wiper on, ur not a biker''

'' Its not a bike ''

So they deleted the post and told me any other post regarding stupid comments on how to fit a wiper to a Tall screen will be deleted.

How tell me If i came along here with my goldwing and stated asking qeastion about a Wiper on my goldwing , what would you lot say or do or react?

I know some goldwings are f*** with wipers as there nack the screen, as they use the wrong ones.

Mine works perfectly with no scrachts as i use a Flat Blade with Rubber supports to provent any scratcing. it clears rain off in a instant and i think my riding is safer as i ee no rain drops on my screen so i have 10x more clear vission in rain than a biker looking throw the helmet Visor.

Comments and options ?

X9Travels

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
imported post

Hi X9Travels

Since my first experience of riding a Wingin the rainI have always been interested in the idea of putting a wiper on a windshield. As you know the bigger the screen the more rain that collects on it and the more dangerous your journey becomes. I have looked at spray on rain repellants but most will damage the surface .The main issue with a wiper is if you use it on a dusty screen itwill sratch it badly and this has put me off the idea but you seem to have cracked it:clapper: and I would also like to know the ins and outs of how you fitted one.

by the way as far as your clubs comments go ''Bike with a wiper on, ur not a biker''

As far as I'm concerned if you ride a bike you're a biker. Keep up the good work

Cheers

Eric

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
imported post

Can someone please post a pic of one of these manual or electric wipers.

I often wondered why Goldwings dont have windshield wipers.

Anyone on here have such a device on their Wing?

What about Rain-X How well does it work?

Thanks for your comments

Mike

·
Premium Member
2,169 Posts
imported post

G1200WING wrote:

Thanks for your comments

Mike

Check out the wiper on my mate's 1500

Got it from http://peerclear.com/

OK, it's not cheap, but it works great.

If you need more info, let me know and I'll do my best to answer your questions.

BTW, I actually have his bike out my back right now (front wheel needs new rubber, so up on my lift 'legless' :cheeky1:),,,,,,,,,, so if you want any pics................:baffled:

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
imported post

That system looks great but what would make it better is a bus type wiper arm that allow the blade to move across w/s straight back & forth.:cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::action::action::action::action:

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

You mean like this?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
imported post

G1200WING wrote:

Thanks for your comments

Mike
Rainex = bad voodoo !!because its designed for car windshieldsits too harsh on the surface and will scratch the screen.

You could try lemonpledge or similar , it helps the rain bead off and you can use it on the whole bike !!

Eric

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.