Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I have been wanting to get a wing of some sort, but the ones I have sat on seems to cramp my legs. I have a 32 inch inseam and it's kind of hard to work the shifter and the brake. Just wondering how long legged dudes over come this or do you just ride something else?

oldmanonavtx

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

It is almost as difficult for short legged types as well.

Modification of the seat to sit back further, raising the height of the seat with things like pads or sheepskins, changing out the hoop style engine guards on the 1500's, and in the case of my style of heel / toe shifter, extending the toe out about 1.25" helped a lot.

Also Mick o pegs are useful as well for longer legged types.

I find pegs sit higher than boards so that is a possibility too.

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,841 Posts
imported post

For me the custom seat was the answer for riding position. Made a huge difference. I've got a Hartco seat made for my inseam and weight.

I would like to add Mick-O-Pegs too when I can afford them. They allow you to fully stretch out your legs when you need to.

John

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

Jluvs2dive wrote:
For me the custom seat was the answer for riding position. Made a huge difference. I've got a Hartco seat made for my inseam and weight.
What John said :) I'm 6'4" and the seat position customized really helped me out too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.