Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I was using reverse and the handle stuck in the up position. I had a difficult time moving the lever back. I checked and everything is tight, I used WD40 on the lever mechanism. Is there anything else I can do? Has anyone else had this problem? What did you do if you did have this problem? Thanks, Knute

·
Premium Member
2,656 Posts
imported post

Is it sitting on level ground? Sometimes when I park on a hill and I have it in Reverse, I get this problem.

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

Look closely at the adjustment points on the right side. The cams are marked for alignment. I've noticed if these marks don't line up, it can cause what you describe. Now why it went out of adjustment requires a little snooping around. Did the cable get stretched? Was the jambnut loose? Is the little pin in the rev. handle seated correctly? That kind of stuff. jimsjinx

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

if it happens again just rock the bike back and forth slightly while you put the lever down to take the strain off the cables and dont forget the lever pulls out before you pull it up or down to release the locking pin that holds the lever in the upright position

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
imported post

I had exactly the same problem a month ago. I used reverse and backed up a very slight incline. The handle stuck and even with help we could not get it out of reverse.Even clutching would notdisengage from the engine and we had to skid the rear wheel to push it. Like someone else said I thought the incline might have been keeping it in reverse but when we got it onto level ground it was still stuck? I finally called the nearest dealer and they brought a trailer and took it to the dealership. Said the pin in the handle had bent and that was keeping it from releasing??? They replaced the pin and handle and everything is ok now. I think I paid $270 or so, including tow, so I was happy.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

thanks for the info. I did not know that you were suppose to put the lever out first. Knute

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

If you did indeed tweak that little pin, you can get it pretty straight again with a smack of a hammer on an anvil of some kind. The pin is pretty soft on mine. A new pin is probly a couple dollars from the dealer. jimsjinx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.