Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Something crossed my mind the other day and I hope that maybe I can be enlightened on this matter. Judging from the members on this forum, Goldwings are definitely popular here in the USA, Ireland and England, but what about Japan? After all, these are Japanese bikes..but yet I never see any posts from members in Japan.. I understand that many of the bikes were assembled in Ohio, but surely they have a similar following in the far east??

If anyone has any pictures of these bikes in Japan, I'd love to see them..

Best regards,

Chester Gunn/Chula, GA

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

i could be all wet but----its my under standing that there is a displacement limit on gen puplic use. 500 cc---i think. im not sure of this .or how it is now .

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

They do have them in Japan, only difference is some of them have wipers on their windshields and their speedos are in KPH instead of MPH and a few differences in options that are suited for them. (Doubt that they use CB radios) All Goldwings were built in Ohio from May 1981 till the end of the 2009 model run, then it all goes back to Japan. They are building a new plant there for GW production.:)

Gene:waving:

·
Life Time Premium Member
3,918 Posts
imported post

And I believe the 500 cc ban has been lifted.

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
imported post

I have been to Japan about 4 times on 6 month deployments. There was a ban on the outer islands of Japan but not on the main land. During the time I was on the main island I didnt see not one on the road saw a few in the shops. (guess they cant handle the big bike) There were nothing bigger than a 600 on the smaller island that were owned by locals. There were a few Harleys owned by other military personel there.

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
imported post

go to You Tube. you'll see many japanese videos of wings

Robin:cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.