Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I heard from a big Honda dealer in Australia that the Goldwing is to be discontinued. Apparently the frame and overheating problems have lost Honda piles of money before they even recovered their R&D costs. There will be NO 2006 model. Better snap up an 05 while they can still be had. :(

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
imported post

This is an April Fools joke ---- right--- ???

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Skooter wrote:
I heard from a big Honda dealer in Australia that the Goldwing is to be discontinued. Apparently the frame and overheating problems have lost Honda piles of money before they even recovered their R&D costs. There will be NO 2006 model. Better snap up an 05 while they can still be had. :(
That's not exactly true, I read on the Honda website that while the 1800 will be discontinued due to the above problems they are bringing back the GL1200s as the new 2006 because it had less problems and looked better.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Skooter wrote:
I heard from a big Honda dealer in Australia that the Goldwing is to be discontinued.
Hey Skooter :waving: APRIL FOOL.

and dont forget to change your location on your profile. :whip:

:walker: :18red: :walker:

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
imported post

If I remember rightly, Paul April Fooled us with this same one last year on the old forum. Am I right? :waving:

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

Iheard they're going back to the GL1000, back tothe naked Wing... sorta like the re-introduction of the Mini car and VW beetle.

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
imported post

You say that like "it's a bad thing"?;)

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

There's no fooling you guys, well done. Grouchmax has a good memory, I got you all with this last year. :D

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Well lads ,,for what it is worth ,,Honda have in fact halted production of the 1800,,And this is not an april fool s joke ,,,They have suspended the production of the 1800,,,I dont know when it will restart or if it will ever restart ,,But I am sure the new model in 2006 will answer all the questions .:waving:..cheers Ciaran

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey wexman :waving: If this is true and i hope it is, :jumper:this will increase the value of all Goldwings especially the :18red:Oh my neighbour will be very happy to hear this news. :clapper: I wonder where that leaves my Honda 50cc. :crying:

:walker: :18red: :walker:

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Well thats the word I am getting from a good source in Honda ...USA ..As for your honda 50 cc it will leave it exactly where it has been for the past 30 years ..in the field at the back of your house .:D..cheers Ciaran

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Ya better cut the grass around it so you can find it!

·
The Irish Crew
1,248 Posts
imported post

Vic, I don't think the frame problem is as great as we might think. I've only heard of a few that cracked and out of all the tens of thousands made that isn't bad. If Honda do the right thing and fix them then thats fine. It doesn't seem to be affecting resale values at all, the Goldwing faithful are a loyal lot.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.