Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
20,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is with deepest regrets that I need to inform the Goldwingfacts family of the passing of Bob Smith. His wife Anita called me and it took me this long to get myself together to make this post.

Bob passed away from the little information that I know at this time from a massive heart attack during a remembrance service in Canada today. No funeral plans have been announced.
Bob and Anita Smith are the only two members who have made every single NASR event. They were great people, Goldwingers who would do anything for anybody and Rhino’s.

Godspeed Bob......you will be missed.

·
Premium Member
3,745 Posts
Heartbreaking! Good man who will be greatly missed!

·
Best looking member
3,106 Posts
Goodbye my friend :sad:

·
Premium Member
3,758 Posts
Just no words, rest easy my friend...

·
Administrator
24,508 Posts
That was truly unexpected. Prayers for Anita and the rest of the family.

·
Premium Member
12,694 Posts
I first met Bob and Canadian crew way back at the first NASSIR in Calhoun Ga. Since meeting them, (and possibly before) Bob and Anita have been winter visitors to Fl and we always took time to have a local ride and meal. Bob was always happy to go out and ride . I will surely miss him and always present smile and laughter. Rest in Peace Sir. Now the roads are always dry, sky is blue and as many curves as you desire.
Anita, you and the family are in our prayers.

·
Administrator
20,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here is the link to Bob’s service:

·
Best looking member
3,106 Posts
Happier Times

Bob and Anita on one of our many side trips during NASSIR 9

·
Best looking member
3,106 Posts
The first time we met Mr. and Mrs Smith Best day ever

·
Administrator
20,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That’s awesome Chuck! Tosha (Bob’s daughter) asked me if we had pictures of her father as she would love to have them. Please go to my Facebook page (Bill Ladigo) and post any pictures you have of Bob and Anita. This was Tosha can have them.
Thank you in advance!

·
Best looking member
3,106 Posts
Sorry buddy but I don't do Facebook. Tell Tosh I will look through my pictures and send them to Anita

·
Premium Member
721 Posts
I just read this and almost a loss for words, which i am never, if you know me. Can't believe it.
Rowena is sleeping now so i will break the news to her in the morning.

Rowena and I were just at their house Sunday evening Oct.13 and spent the night and they drove us around in their truck on Monday sightseeing the Canadian side and we left Tuesday morning.

THANK YOU very much for being such good hosts for us Hoosiers. So glad we got to know you better than just meeting at Nassir's. We really enjoyed the time we had with you one on one.

So sorry for your loss Anita.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts