Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hey all,

With spring right around the corner, has anyone seen a rack or mount for a golf bag on a "Wing"? I was looking at making one to set on the trailer hitch,,,,any ideas?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,185 Posts
imported post

With Spring around the corner, I shall be planning to make the bike more comfortable and kitted out for riding, not for chasing a smallball around a well mown field with a bent stick!!! :shock::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,790 Posts
imported post

Ahhhh. To combine two hobbies, (riding and golf) is supreme. I simply strap them accross the pillion and bungee it down. I know, I loose a little in gas milege, because of the extra wind drag, but who cares? I get where I want to golf much more enjoyably, and then get to golf too!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,040 Posts
imported post

4evermetric wrote:
Ahhhh. To combine two hobbies, (riding and golf) is supreme. I simply strap them accross the pillion and bungee it down. I know, I loose a little in gas milege, because of the extra wind drag, but who cares? I get where I want to golf much more enjoyably, and then get to golf too!
Do you still have any left when you get there????:cheeky1::cheeky1:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,185 Posts
imported post

ccsailor wrote:
4evermetric wrote:
Ahhhh. To combine two hobbies, (riding and golf) is supreme. I simply strap them accross the pillion and bungee it down. I know, I loose a little in gas milege, because of the extra wind drag, but who cares? I get where I want to golf much more enjoyably, and then get to golf too!
Do you still have any left when you get there????:cheeky1::cheeky1:
:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

too cool, need to outfit the wing as a golf cart
Thanks
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,424 Posts
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
With Spring around the corner, I shall be planning to make the bike more comfortable and kitted out for riding, not for chasing a smallball around a well mown field with a bent stick!!! :shock::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:
Not a golfer but when in the UK and up north in Scotland I thought I was looking at MotoCross tracks not golf courses. :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1: Acception is the old Course.



Can't wait to get back, wonderful countries and really great poeple too.



Longboater,
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,970 Posts
imported post

I have actually thought of trying to fit my rifle case in a side bag and bungee around the trunk. It is leagal in my state to transport to and from a range or event as long as it is locked up and in the trunk.
You think Ill get stopped for that .?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
913 Posts
imported post

need to keep your tail lites visible though.......
 

·
Token Canuk
Joined
·
8,236 Posts
imported post

I've made a basket that fit's on the trailer hitch & then tie the bag to the trunk, works fine. It just holds a small bag with my 5 clubs, I've found that more clubs do nothing for my score anyway. :waving:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
535 Posts
imported post

if its nice enuff to play golf, its nice enuff to .......what guys?......wait for it........RIDE!!!!!!...............who wants to play a sport when its nice enuff to ride?............oh well to each his own!......id rather be puttin down the road than playing any sport.................rick:D:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::18blue::18yellow:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
62,959 Posts
imported post

I see where the bags and clubs go, but where do you put the cages for the Birdies and Eagles ?????????
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
345 Posts
imported post

Just bought myself a pull behind trailer so I can get the clubs and my son on the bike at the same time. the missus needs the car for work so we can go golfing anytime now, or at least we will when the weather improves. Got webbed feet just now with all this rain.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,185 Posts
imported post

Being serious for a minute ( hard for me but I will try:))

I have seen some dedicated bike racks on US ebay for golf cubs, there was a guy making them specifically for Wings I do believe, but it shouldn't be too much trouble to make one up I wouldn't think, especially if you have a receiver type of hitch.

Seems to me, all you would need is a circular base tray with the box section bar welded to it and then some sort of mesh cage tube fitted vertically off this.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,502 Posts
imported post

I have played golf one time in my life. I did quite well at it. I beat two professional golfers who had played a long time. Thing is all three of us had been in the firewater for a couple hours and none of us had a lick of sense between us, so I was sitting that little ball up on the stick each time I hit it, hey I thought this is how you do it. :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:No one told me, :shock:

Anyways here is a thing to put your golf clubs in , will also haul a vacuum cleaner. :cooldevil::cooldevil:

Autolinx Golf and Storage Carrier - Motorcycle Parts and Accessories - Luggage Racks for Honda Goldwing GL1800
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
50 Posts
imported post

I have a soft travel case for my clubs, I lay the bag across the passenger seat and bungee everything in place. Works great and it didn't cost anything!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,790 Posts
imported post

Rick G wrote:
I have a soft travel case for my clubs, I lay the bag across the passenger seat and bungee everything in place. Works great and it didn't cost anything!
Same here. Sometimes, simple is best.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,185 Posts
imported post

If folks had a rack for the tow bar, would it not be possible to just stand a carry bag on this and put a strap to the helpmet holders under the trunk, with a chunk of foam to protect the top case? A small trailer board with licence plate and lights or whatever your relevent state requires could then be attatched to the rear?



This way, you could transport the "sticks" to the golf course, complete with wife and drop her off for her round of golf with the girls, while you do something mildly entertaining!!! :cooldevil::cooldevil:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
913 Posts
imported post

I too have tried golf,in fact I was playing very good till I got to the windmill hole....



































........:D
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top