Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Just thought i would intro myself, im dave from the UK and have just bought a gl1500 1989. my god its a lot of bike after riding my commuter a triumph tiger 955. A few questions does it take a while to get usd to the breaks on these wings. It felt like they were not working, maybe not used to them. Are there any tips on riding a wing? hope to chat to some of you soon, take care - ride safely - ride free
dave
UK:waving:

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts

Welcome:waving:colessurfer

·
Premium Member
12,868 Posts
Hello and Welcome . The 1500 is a handful of bike . Once underway though it's quite nible . A little wobbly at walking pace perhaps . Once you have a few miles in the saddle I think you'll become accustomed to it .
The brakes are different from most other bikes . They use what Honda calls a " Unified Brake System " . This system has the rear brake pedal control the rear brake and the left front caliper at the same time . There is fluid valving so the front caliper has reduced pressure .The hand lever only operates the right front caliper/disc . So this may be why you feel the brakes are not up to snuff . And its possible they may need a good servicing. The Unified System works well and you will get used to it quickly I think .
Enjoy your new ride and visit with us often .

·
Premium Member
12,063 Posts
Welcome to the forums
The 1 tip I will give you is find a empty
parking lot and practice slow speed riding.

·
Premium Member
73,587 Posts
Hallo colessurfer

Welcome on this nice forum. Wish you al the best.
And good luck with your Wing.

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma :waving: Enjoy the wing :cheesygrin:

·
Premium Member
68,164 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts
:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

Hello from Virginia,

Welcome Aboard!!!!!

Glad to have you with us!

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

·
Premium Member
28,832 Posts
Welcome, Welcome To Steve Saunders Goldwing Forum so withany Maintenance you do.If you have any questions no matter how trivial they may seem this forum is the place to ask them. What I have noticed is that some of the people here were 'Goldwings in their previous lives and can answer any question you have. The forums that I get the most from are::

Goldwing Technical Forum
General Motorcycle Discussion Forum

These have the best info about your bike and are where you ask questions and get help..

For Sale/Wanted Forum Good stuff for Sale....

And when you just need a good laugh:: Fun Forum Again Welcome to the Forum...

And A Big Welcome From Clermont, Indiana.....

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.