Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping that some one can point me in the right direction. I need a mechanic or knowledgable person that can breathe life back into an 81 1100 in the SoCal area. It could be used as a fill in job as the bike doesn't need to be running until June. Standard stuff from inactivity. Clean fuel system, hose and coolant checks, brakes, timing belts etc. All stuff that I would love to be doing, but unfortunately I am Down Under.

·
Official "Cheeky Plonker"
1,230 Posts
You are most likely SOL fella, but look on the bright side, you are gonna have 2 summers in a row!

·
Wild Rhino - Canadian
591 Posts
I don't believe you are out of luck, but you will probably have to spend some time looking to find the right shop.
Good chance you won't get a Honda Dealer to touch it.
Good shop in Springfield Mo., but that don't help you...
Good Luck

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
SoCal is a big area! You'll need to narrow it down a bit mate.

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
I don't believe you are out of luck, but you will probably have to spend some time looking to find the right shop.
Good chance you won't get a Honda Dealer to touch it.:wtf:
I dealt with this today with my, new to me, 92 Aspencade.
Something went wrong with something in the electrical system on the way home. The guy who I bought it from is standing behind it and came out to where I was stuck and got me towed 193miles home to the Honda Dealer who then sent me along my un-merry way with a hurt butt, no help, and no advice as to what to do or where to go.
I want to love my new 1500 but it is going to take some help from someone in Bakersfield with some electrical 'draw' issue knowledge.
I got a Gold Book and the latest issue of Wing World with it when I bought it. There are a few other guys here in Bakersfield, I hope one of them can lead me in the right direction to an awesome mechanic that me and my wing can call our own.:bow:
Your time and efforts are greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You might be better off starting a new thread BiggerTom with your post. I started this one back in Jan when I bought a bike to ride in August when I am in the States. I am pleased to advise that my bike is now running and registered. I did not find a commercial mechanic instead a dedicated Goldwing member who assisted me with my bike.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
You might be better off starting a new thread BiggerTom with your post. I started this one back in Jan when I bought a bike to ride in August when I am in the States. I am pleased to advise that my bike is now running and registered. I did not find a commercial mechanic instead a dedicated Goldwing member who assisted me with my bike.
I shall do that A. I was just home from a long trek, and confounded by the dealership's refusal. I am a bit cooler thinking today. Dropped a new battery in and things are working for the moment.
I thank you and the respondents to this thread because I gleaned some good info from it. I may have to travel out of town to LA for a good vintage Goldwing mechanic.
Thanks all :waving:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.