Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the opportunity to get a 1981 GL 1100 I for a parts bike. Has good rubber, new starter, no fairing but trunk and side bags. Air shocks hold air. Has an engine, but I dont know the condition of it. For $500 I thought it would be a good deal. Going to see it tomorrow. Anyone know if the parts are interchangeable?

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Interchangeable with what? If you mean with your '83 there are many interchangeable parts though the brakes are different and there are a few differences in the engine, slightly different ignition parts.

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
What good rubber? What does "GOOD" mean?

Basically you give no details at all about anything so no one here can give you any type of real answer. Some parts will interchange and some will not.

If the rubber was brand new 10-15 years ago, like tires, and only rode 100 miles on them, well they are pretty much junk now even if they look like new.
If new tires just last year then maybe good rubber?

Welcoe to the forum, but t get any real answers that mean anything you need to provide a few details on your end which mean something. Like how lng since last ridden, what do you want to interchange with, what kind of parts you planning, etc...

·
Administrator
27,952 Posts
Unless the engine can be proven good it is not worth $500, maybe $200 to $300 if all else is good, nice seat and good paint, keys, clean title and the tires not over 5 years old.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.