Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Well I'm still working on rebuilding my 76 Gl1000 I'm trying to find a good product to use for cleaning parts, something I can use to dunk head parts in, engine parts, and you know that kind of stuff. so I can dunk them and scrub them if need be and have them come out nice and clean with out leaving much residue that simply cant be washed away with a hose.

I don’t have a solvent tank (parts cleaner) I was thinking brake fluid or diesel but I don’t know if those would be the best things. I'm trying to find the best thing for the money out there. Again I have to be able to dunk metal parts in it and maybe leave them there for a couple hours. Any suggestions? Thanks all

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

I just get a case or two of the 18 oz cans of brake cleaner when NAPA has them on sale. Then I spray the parts over a bucket that accumulates the runoff. Set the parts in and give them a going over with a small bristle brush.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
imported post

i always mineral spirits:action:

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
imported post

For the real dirty parts, a good soak in a bucket of diesel fuel or furnace oil will do wonders to remove dirt and oil and won't hurt anything. There is minimal residue and would clean off fast with brake cleaner. This works great as a penetrating oil as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.