Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

When I first bought my GL1100 in July of 2007, it was pretty basic. No stereo, and no chrome accesories. Just the basic Wing. But she was beautifully clean with low mileage and well taken care of. I got her for a steal really. Anyway.....as time went on I wanted to dress her up and slowly I began finding things for my bike where I work. I only bought a couple of items new off the internet and Ebay. Lately I just struck a Goldmine! We stripped a GL1100 at work with some great stuff that I got for my bike.:cool:

Recently
I picked up:
-chrome carb covers
-chrome plug wire covers
-chrome fuel pump cover
-chrome shark fin grills
-chrome signal light covers for the fairing
-chrome trunk luggage rack and.....
-saddle bag chrome rail with the lightbar..............all for $80:dude::dude::clapper:

All this added to my previously acquired items:
-chrome tailight cover
-highway pegs
-chrome air duct vent covers
-new grips
-chrome throttle lock
-speakers, antenna, CD player

and add to my soon to be acquired items:
-chrome timing belt covers
-chrome valve covers and
-chrome rad cover....
-headlight chrome visor

....means my bike will look radically different this spring when she's all finished compared to when I bought her. I can't wait:cool::clapper:I'll post some before and after pics when it's all done.

The only things I would still like to get are the saddlebag rails and possibly the saddlebag lid chrome guard/racks and front fender rail..........maybe some more, we will see.

Hey, if I wait........who knows, more good things could come my way!:D
Oh I LOVE my job!........but it's keeping me broke too:baffled:

·
Premium Member
12,791 Posts
imported post

And to be first in line for the parts when a bike comes in . What a deal ! Shine her up Jennifer. All that glitters is Gold(wing)

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
imported post

Please be sure to post back to this thread with before and after pictures when you're done installing all of this farkle.

·
Premium Member
1985 GL1200 Limited Edition
3,486 Posts
imported post

I think I'm gonna buy some stock in Mothers Chrome Polish Co. !!:coollep::coollep:

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

roscoepc wrote:
I think I'm gonna buy some stock in Mothers Chrome Polish Co. !!:coollep::coollep:
I own the company!..................:coollep::coollep:

..........Not..........:cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Whhhhooooooo.........and to add to this, today I am snagging a saddlebag rail with lightbar. I can't wait to see my Wing in the spring...:cool::cool:Hey that rhymes.:D:cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
imported post

Jennifer wrote:
Whhhhooooooo.........and to add to this, today I am snagging a saddlebag rail with lightbar. I can't wait to see my Wing in the spring...:cool::cool:Hey that rhymes.:D:cheeky1:
Hey..You are a poet, and didn't know it....

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

Any luck on a Candy Muse Red front fender with all it's paint intact yet?

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

We got a bike for sale now as a project GL1100 that is that color. But I believe the fender is not good since there is some front end damage on it. I will check it out at work on Tues. However, if the bike doesn't sell, we may part it out. Right now as it is, I couldn't take the fender off anyway. I'll keep you in mind if something comes up:clapper::waving:

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
imported post

Jennifer wrote:
Chrome doesn't get you home. That rhymes too.:cooldj:

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Well........after some debate/reflection..........(not too much really) . I have taken back my trunk and saddlebag rail lightbars and am exchanging them for gear for my recent purchase of a 1999 XR200R. I figured, I'd be better putting money into my GL to keep it in top running shape rather then decorating it. :cool:

I am very excited to get going on my XR this spring too and so some of the money goes towards off road gear and tuning up this new bike. OHHHH ....I'm so excited :dude::clapper::cooldj:

Jen :action::action::action:

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
imported post

Jennifer wrote:
Well........after some debate/reflection..........(not too much really) . I have taken back my trunk and saddlebag rail lightbars and am exchanging them for gear for my recent purchase of a 1999 XR200R.
Fickle... :?

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

4evermetric wrote:
Jennifer wrote:
Well........after some debate/reflection..........(not too much really) . I have taken back my trunk and saddlebag rail lightbars and am exchanging them for gear for my recent purchase of a 1999 XR200R.
Fickle... :?
:?:?

the definition of fickle is: Quick to change one's opinion or allegiance; insincere; not loyal or reliable, or
  • marked by erratic changeableness in affections or attachments; "fickle friends"; "a flirt's volatile affections"
  • erratic: liable to sudden unpredictable change; "erratic behavior"; "fickle weather"; "mercurial twists of temperament"; "a quicksilver character, cool and willful at one moment, utterly fragile the next"
Now.......that is definitely not the case! :cool: My first love is Motorcycles of all types. My Goldwing holds a special place in my heart. I love Honda's especially and therefore my newest addition deserves attention etc too. Even though I said "not too much really", it was a comment reflecting my excitement over my XR200 purchase and really my decision not to install some of the accessories comes after much reflection while my bike has been in winter storage and since I first attained them 3 months ago. Not installing the accessories in NO WAY, reflects that I have lost my love for my Wing. I treat it the best it deserves. So that word "fickle" is not applicable here.:cool:

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
imported post

Oh my, we are EMOTIONAL too!:D

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
imported post

Hey Jen, just having a little fun... Don't take it personally.

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

4evermetric wrote:
Oh my, we are EMOTIONAL too!:D
Sure thing when you are talking about my little Honda family ;)

:action::action::action:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.