Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi all,

Please kidly advise me about the tire of GL1500. My Country (Thailand)just have 3 brand only asDunlop(As original US.), Bridgestone G701-2 and Micheln Hi Tour.

What brand is Good ?

Thanks......:baffled::stumped::D

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

You'll get a lot of different opinions on this one. The Michelins are a good tyre for the gl1500 but are not so easy to get everywhere, I'd go with them if they were available.

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
imported post

Honda tested many brands of tires and found the Dunlop brand to give the best overall performance for thier design.. I just tossed the Metzler's that were on my GL1200 and installed the original Dunlop Qualifiers.. Performance for me now is perfect, but it was my choice...

What you put on your bike is your decision.. Different tires give different rresults for different riders..You can do a search in this forum for "tyres" and get a lot of information on what's appropriate for your MC.

Good luck and let us know what you end up with.

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

surapong wrote:
Please kidly advise me about the tire of GL1500. My Country (Thailand)just have 3 brand only asDunlop(As original US.), Bridgestone G701-2 and Micheln Hi Tour.
Hey surapong :waving:Greetings from the official "Forum Welcomer" to the best Goldwing Forum on the net. :clapper:The best of the three tyres you mentioned are BRIDGESTONE :weightlifter:now you have to decide which one you prefer.

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

All 3 are very good tires!

You might want to go with the one that has the "Softer Compound/Rubber" do to the Rain you get over there, less slippery!

(You might need a "Elephant Whistle" on your bike, not sure!):goofygrin:

Welcome "Surapong" to the "WGGWWS" !!!

Let us know which tires you end up buying!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.