Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ij have tried several type built in intercom systems and i have not found a set up that has the sound quility i would like..im considering buying a set of beats headphones tearing the speakers out and fitting them in my 3/4 helmet..anyone got a better idea,i like my music when i ride..thanks

·
Premium Member
55,867 Posts
Turn your radio up

·
Registered
14 Posts
My setup probably will not work with all helmets. I use an HJC CL21M helmet pictured below. Yes, it is a "shorty," but not a "biker beanie" type. Attached to the left side is an EdSets module with a boom microphone. Instead of using helmet speakers, I utilize the standard 3.5mm headphone jack EdSets provide on the module with a set of in the ear headphones, or "ear buds" just as you would use to listen to with a iPod or other portable music player. The excess cord goes in the front of my shirt or jacket to keep the wind from whipping it around. These ear buds block out harsh riding wind noise, but still allow you to hear your engine and traffic around you. The music sounds much better than any previous helmet speakers I've had over the years. In addition, CB radio reception is clearer, too.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts