Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Well we don't have any riding weather for a little while yet but this is what
I"ll have out ASAP.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Looks good. Should fit in there fine. That's a non ROF tire?

Send it down here and we can throw it on my bike for a good test run here. 70 today.

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,253 Posts
imported post

'ROF' = 'Run - on - Flat'
A safety feature of stronger sidewalls that allow you limited driving under a release of pressure situation.

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,253 Posts
imported post

Crap - sorry.
I thought you asked 'waht' a ROF was.
My bad.

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,253 Posts
imported post

Crap - sorry.
I thought you asked 'what' a ROF was.
My bad.

:cheesygrin:

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

One clicky and WAIT for the slow system to go across the pond.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
imported post

96Aspencade---how tall is that tire? I couldn't find the dia. in Goodyear's specs. I probably missed it.

Carl

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

tykub
Mounted it will be different than Goodyear specs as we are mounting on a narrower rim than they spec it out at, narrower rim will give a taller profile and a little less width than the specs.
My 195/60R16 Bridgestone EL400 was the same height as the E3 mounted side by side

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

The tire seems identical to the Formosa - 24"x 6.5". The Formosa @ 41# pressure shows even wear from side to side, the GY wear rating is 580 compared to 420 so I"m expecting more mileage :action::action::action:

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,253 Posts
imported post

Keep in mind- that mileage rating is mainly between tires of the same manufacturer.

And only a single-clicky this time.:clapper:

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
imported post

newday777 wrote:
One clicky and WAIT for the slow system to go across the pond.
While it's true that the owner of the site, Steve Saunders, lives in Ireland the site is hosted on a web server in the USA.
To the best of my knowledge that web server is located in Littleton, Colorado.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
imported post

ok for the specs on the tire from my cheat sheet.

brand
model
size
~ cost
load#
load lbs
Load range
speed rating
mph
UTOG
DIA
Notes

Goodyear
Assurance
175/60R16
$ 134

H
580A-A

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
imported post

okay... a darkside thread... I am in here....

Since you mounted it on a narrower rim I understand that it increased the diameter...

How does it sit? Does it seem higher or lower than the Formosa? I have a Wintersport now and love it. But I would say that the smaller diameter has effected the way I ride. I'd like something about the "normal" height while still maintaining that rounder bottom I so adore.

I'd really like to see shots of it mounted on the rim showing the diameter and crown... even if they are taken on the bike sitting on the centerstand...

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

Ok, I ordered one of these today. How about an update? The tire is rated for 80,000 miles. Supposed to be the tour version of the Dunlop Wintersport. Same price, about $135.

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

Love it Mike, even after being advised on another forum that I am just partaking in a "Dangerous Fashion Statement" the tire is smooth, quiet, corners like superglue. I'm running Max pressure. There is less counter steer required than with the Formosa due to the more rounded profile.

Here is my BF Goodrich Radial TA on my '84 Shadow.
It runs just as good, I just got back from a little peg scraping exercise . :action::action:

·
Administrator
26,198 Posts
imported post

Mounting a tire on a narrow or wide rim will not change the diameter, it may look taller or shorter but the belts in the tire are fixed and do not change.

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imported post

:?

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

Ok Bob, I mounted this thing a couple of days ago. I love the tread design. That said, I should have listened to Dusty; I'm not digging the smaller diameter of my Bridgestone Excedra. Impossible to get up on the centerstand, without added spacer (2X4). However, I appreciate the shorter fall, if that ever occurs again. :ROFL:Not crazy about the CT wandering "thing" going on. And the wobble, when passed by semi's. Quiet, but not necessarily smoother ride. Don't care for how it wants to skip, when I take a hard corner, on a rougher than usual surface.

I'm currently running 40 pounds of pressure in the tire and 52 pounds in the rear shocks.

As of now, I'm ordering a new Excedra Max and mounting it on my spare rim, just in case. we don't play well together. I am bummed. I was expecting better results, based on other members' comments and experiences.

Not to mention, the guy who mounted it told me about $17. When I got there, it was $37, because, "he had problems". Not sure if that was the case, or it was a polite way of telling me, he would rather not mount these.

Attachments

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

Mike, try bumping the pressure up to at least 44 PSI, then 48 PSI, if it still feels to 'squirmy'!

Dusty

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.