Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Am setting up a Ram camera mount on the clutch lever side. Am thinking about buying a used GoPro camera, or just cheaping out and using the Fuji digital camera I already have.

I can't find a manual on-line for the GoPro.

- Does it have a fixed infinite focus feature enabling it to take pix thru the windshield?

- Is the on/off button on top so it's easy to see & switch on/off while driving (riding)?

- How does the camera react when mounted on the handlebars... do the road bumps really come thru in video mode, or is there any kind of image stabilization feature?

- Does it have sound in video mode?

Thnx in advance. Looking foward to taking pictures enroute next road trip.

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thnx! Don't know why I didn't see the manuals 1st time I looked... had to scroll down (duh!). I think reading that answered a few questions. Doesn't look like it has audio capability, but that's OK. Am glad to see a button on top to stop/start filming. Seems like a good little unit. Sure a lot of great HD movies on YouTube taken with these cameras!

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
imported post

They are pretty simple, infinite focus, they do have audio, but I don't think there is any picture stabilization. Your ram mount will help take some of the shake out of it, and being on a wing will help :) They come with a water proof case so you don't have to mount behind the windshield if you don't want to. If you are not planning on making Blue Ray discs out of the movies you probably wouldn't need the HD version.

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thnx! just what I was looking for. There's a used one that popped up locally. Am trying to snag it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.