Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Yep! Fastest color all right, congratulations. :cool:

Dag Nabit, those misspelled words get me every time.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,661 Posts
imported post

chiefcherokee, that is a beautiful bike. Precisely the same color scheme as mine was before Freightliner totaled it out.

I know you are going to have many miles of smiles with that one. I sure do miss mine for sure.

Hope to be cruising down the highway with you one of these days. Enjoy and congratulations.

·
Premium Member
61,403 Posts
imported post

Congratulations Chef......
You didn't waste any time.. Nice looking bike and just a couple hundred mile south of me..
I'm not all that sure about the fastest color........
Good on ya.......

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Yep, a proper looking 'Wing, now get out there and get the break-in finished.:cool:

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

Niiiiiiiiiiiice! Glad you could find a suitable replacement quickly.

How are you 2 doing by the way? Hope all is good.

·
Premium Member
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

We're both doing well. I'm going through physical therapy for my shoulder (hurts worse than the accident:shock:), expect to be back to normal in about 2 weeks. Judy will take a little longer, but we're both anxious to get back in the saddle. Soon as we get the bike shipped here I'll give ya'll a ride report, I'm sure I'll have a ton of questions about the 1500:).

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

Congratulations Randy! You're going to love that silky smooth 6-pack. :) Your wife is going to like the comfort of the back seat too. First thing my wife said when I got my 1500 in August was that it was a lot more comfortable than the 1200.

Glad you guys are mending well too. Still keeping you in my prayers. :)

John

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,661 Posts
imported post

When I traded my 1200 for a 1500, the very first thing I noticed was the lack of that 4 cylinder vibration.

the 2nd thing I noticed was the "lack of throttle" response.

The 3rd thing I noticed after a few days, was that huge bottom end torque pulling in 5th gear from 5 mph right on up to the limit of your nerves :baffled:

·
Premium Member
4,401 Posts
imported post

You'd throw rocks at that 1200 after you ride the 1500. No comparison whatsoever. Like a totally different world on a 1500. Not enough "O's" in "smooth" to describe the ride.:action:

Congrats!

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

There's no doubt that the 1500 is the smooth mile eater but I also enjoy riding the 1100 and 1000s, especially the Standard models.

·
Premium Member
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

SB in SC wrote:
You'd throw rocks at that 1200 after you ride the 1500. No comparison whatsoever. Like a totally different world on a 1500. Not enough "O's" in "smooth" to describe the ride.:action:

Congrats!
That would only be fair since it threw us into rocks!:dude:

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

There must be a problem with your link. I see no BLACK bike.....:baffled:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

mikef wrote:
There must be a problem with your link. I see no BLACK bike.....:baffled:
:cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Nice find Chief..... it was very considerate of the previous owner to do the run in period for you, now you can enjoy many miles of :):), now that the engine is bedded in.

Glad to hear you are both recovering steadily and by the time you are able to get into the saddle you can have her sprayed up the bestest colour.....

SILVER :cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil:;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.