Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Administrator
24,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yup, that's a parts bike.

Sell it piece-by-piece and get your money back and more.

Don't give up on it yet. I have the engine spinning over with at least good enough compression to get it to run.

·
Administrator
24,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I have it running. Took a video with my phone but there is no sound, hard to tell it's running with no sound. Guess I'll have to try again.

·
Administrator
24,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Here we go, sorry about the finger tip in the picture.

·
Administrator
24,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
That Wing deserves to live on.
I agree and it will. I can't stand the thought of parting out something that has a chance at new life.

·
Administrator
24,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Better?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Before and after

Nice job,

I just went back and looked at the before pictures. You should make a new post with before and after shots. Use the one of it hanging from the dump bucket.

Now, are you going to give it to your nephew so he can make a bobber out of it??>:)

Rayjoe

·
Magic Moderator
4,343 Posts
I hope not. People are getting caught up in the cafe racer/bobber fad and craigslist will have some classic bikes reduced to worthless junk when the fad ends.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I hope not. People are getting caught up in the cafe racer/bobber fad and craigslist will have some classic bikes reduced to worthless junk when the fad ends.
Trike lady,

Read the first post in this thread. Then you will understand the nephew bobber joke.

"classic bikes reduced to worthless junk when the fad ends." Unfortunately it's already happening. I had a guy want to turn my PC800 into a bobber. No sale!

Rayjoe

Attachments

·
Magic Moderator
4,343 Posts
I wouldn't sell that to just anyone, too nice of a bike. They always remind me of 'Baby Goldwings'. You don't see many of them around either.
I just went back to the first post and I have to admit I wouldn't want him working on a lawn mower, I doubt very much he's a good mechanic.
No Goldwing for him, maybe a bicycle from Walmart. :ROFL:

·
Administrator
24,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Nice job,

Now, are you going to give it to your nephew so he can make a bobber out of it??>:)

Rayjoe

No but I am going to give him a box of rocks for Christmas and see if he can screw them up.

·
Administrator
24,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Here ya go Rayjoe. A month and a half and $1000 can work wonders.

Attachments

·
Magic Moderator
4,343 Posts
Now you have both worlds, the 'Classic' Wing and the modern Wing. With all the work you put in as well as $$$$ keep it and enjoy it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am in total agreement with Dave. This passion really isn't about the money, it's the satisfaction of adding sweat-equity and a couple of pennies to hear this aging art come alive and sing between your knees running your favorite road, hearing folk say, "That looks great and sounds sweet". I'm betting if you ask, most people on this board have a project, or are looking to get one.
What a great place to be!!!!!!!!

21 - 40 of 45 Posts