Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Man, your kerosene bill is going to be hell! :cheeky1:

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
imported post

Looks like it has less luggage space then the 1800. Of course with a speed of Mach 1.7 the only thing you will need will be a bunch of underwear. Nothing else will have enough time to get dirty..:shock::shock:

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
imported post

A little quicker than the C-47 I flew in...

:12beige:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Shooter wrote:
Maybe I should'a settled for the 1800 :action: :action: :action: :gunhead:
Did you have to get a trike license for that?

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
imported post

Renegade:

You'll appreciate this if you flew in a C47. This was the Dakota (DC-3, C47) that I was a "dog's body" (salute to our friends in the U.K.) in as a lowly Leading Aircraftmen in the Royal Canadian Air Force back in the late sixties.

This painting is from my website:

www.geocities.com/deanroosevelt/

(I'm guessing that your C47 experience was a lot more blood curdling than mine was).

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
imported post

Dean... I was a certified flight crew chief on the Gooney birds for 3 of my 4 years in the Air Force (1964 thru 1968).. I loved it... Especially the smell of the exhaust from the P&W R-1830's.. I still love the smell of the fumes from my Cherokee... I logged just under 3,000 military hours in the Gooneys. No blood curdling episodes, just hauling military cargo, training flights and paratroopers down in Ft. Bragg N.C.

Nice painting...

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Renegade wrote:
Dean... I was a certified flight crew chief on the Gooney birds for 3 of my 4 years in the Air Force (1964 thru 1968).. I loved it... Especially the smell of the exhaust from the P&W R-1830's.. I still love the smell of the fumes from my Cherokee... I logged just under 3,000 military hours in the Gooneys. No blood curdling episodes, just hauling military cargo, training flights and paratroopers down in Ft. Bragg N.C.

Nice painting...
Not the only ones, I've got a good many hours on an FAA C-47 flight check aircraft, got a bit of stick time too.

·
Premium Member
3,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Got a few hours working on gunships,(Puffs), but no flying hours on them. And yes I should apply for a permit, just to quiet the neighbors...:action: :action: :action:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Shooter wrote:
Got a few hours working on gunships,(Puffs), but no flying hours on them. And yes I should apply for a permit, just to quiet the neighbors...:action: :action: :action:
Bet the wieners cook quick with the burner on!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.