Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

You know me, always have to have a project going. Well now that the Aspencade is finished it is time for a new project. Soooooooooooo I just bought a 1978 GL1000 out of Grandview, Texas for $225. It has been layed over but the engine still runs. Some of the plastic is a little worn and it has a title. I'm leaving Saturday morning to pick it up. Then if all goes well I will go to San Antonio and pick up another '78' that has been sitting for awhile. That one is $400. So from the two I should get one. Whatcha think?

~teacher~~~

·
Premium Member
10,010 Posts
imported post

i think you are a man possesed teach, more power to you for keeping yourself active and not only providing us with step by step build tips but whomever buys the bike when you are finished would be rest assured of it being done proper....

:clapper::clapper::clapper:

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
imported post

Yep- it's a "project" allright... I'd recognize one of those anywhere...

·
Premium Member
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Yep! I just got a call from another guy in Houston that has a late 70's or early 80's Cushman Truckster that I can have if I'll just come and get it. Maybe Sunday? I really don't want to mess with it if it doesn't have an engine. I forgot to ask.

btw: thanks Rodger

~teacher~~~

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

What do you mean no engine in the Truckster? You'll have a spare left over when you put together the '78. C'mon, that'll be fun......

Raymond

·
Premium Member
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Silicon Sam wrote:
What do you mean no engine in the Truckster? You'll have a spare left over when you put together the '78. C'mon, that'll be fun......

Raymond
Silicon Sam, you've got to be kidding? Right? A 1000cc engine in a truckster. What a hoot!:cheeky1:

~teacher~~~

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

The truckster would be fun. Not very complicated either.

·
Premium Member
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

Ok, I made it back from Grandview yesterday about 7:30pm. This '78' could be put back in play but I'm just going to use it as a parts bike for the '78' that I will be going to San Antonio to get. I've decided to pass on the truckster. Just too, too many irons in the fire.

~teacher~~~

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.