Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dumb question of the day, please don't beat me up too bad. I am just starting to look at moving up to an 1800. I am not too much into the navigation stuff or electronic techie stuff however I do like my music. Is there a better year to shoot for as to having a better stereo than others? On my '99 I have a cheap tape adapter and can play my mp3 with out hearing the same song twice in a thousand miles. I would like good sound quality if only a year or 2 would matter. I would like to keep under the 10 k price point. If you are not into music go to the oil choice thread.

·
Administrator
25,793 Posts
06 and later have the 6 speaker system with an amplifier. 01-05 came with just the front speakers but rear speakers could be added.

Reactions: last child

·
Premium Member
2012 GL1800
461 Posts
The 1800's are also wired with an aux audio connection in the left pocket. You can plug an mp3 player in and then select it on the radio panel. You can't change songs but the volume will work.

Staring in 2012, the added a usb port in the trunk. It is controlled by the handle bar controls just like the older ones with a CD player.

·
1,682 Posts
From 2006 and on Honda offers the "premium audio" model (= Larger/better speakers and an extra amplifier ) but the bike only came with this ass. when you bougth/ordered it this way .
What im am trying to explain is , - not all bikes has this ass.
When you lie down on the ground and look up between the rear wheel and the rear fender and see an black plastic box , about 5 x 4 in , that is the amplifier .

·
Administrator
25,793 Posts
From 2006 and on Honda offers the "premium audio" model (= Larger/better speakers and an extra amplifier ) but the bike only came with this ass. when you bougth/ordered it this way .
What im am trying to explain is , - not all bikes has this ass.
When you lie down on the ground and look up between the rear wheel and the rear fender and see an black plastic box , about 5 x 4 in , that is the amplifier .
All US models from 06 came with premium audio, it was the base model.

·
1,682 Posts
All US models from 06 came with premium audio, it was the base model.
Thank you Dave
I thought it was an Option on US spec bikes .
Strange , NONE of the EU spec bikes comes with premium audio .
How is the Canadian spec bikes equipped ?
BTW: I can tell you that there is an HUGE difference in the sound quality from an non premium til an premium.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts