Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

We are having a bit of a snow-hiatus here this year (although it's expected to end with heavy snows in the mountains on Christmas Eve), and since it nudged 35 degrees F yesterday with sunshine, I duded up with my electrics and got a ride in!

It was a cautious one, however, as frost and ice patches were still in evidence. East/west roads were the main problems, as buildings, trees, and other knicknacks shaded the lanes enough to make them kind of white like..... I'd coast over these with my hands light on the bars and my heart in my mouth! Treading lightly, so to speak, kinda of like a "tiger wearing carpet slippers!" The north/south roads were clear because the sun shone down the length of them (and here you thought you weren't gonna learn anything today!).....

A true addiction is defined by how much bother you'll go through to satisfy it, and I'd say I was addicted to motorcycling! I'm still thinking of a Ural and sidecar with a driven wheel for winters.....my other addiction, skiing, keeps me from living south of the Mason-Dixon line, although I could see myself in Louisiana, Arizona, or Texas someday....

(Ol' Addiction hisself on a similar ride several years ago.... loved that Honda Nighthawk, btw, and wish I had it back.....)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
imported post

Merry Christmas Mell, still riding everyday here.:santawaving::santawaving::santawaving:

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

papabee49 wrote:
Merry Christmas Mell, still riding everyday here.:santawaving::santawaving::santawaving:
and Merry Christmas back atchya, Papabee..... y'all got snow on the Blue Ridge?

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
imported post

:snowman::snowman:Merry Christmas CJ/Red Some folks are more of an ADDICTION than others!!! Gload you can still feed you ADDICTION. I'm still riding every day down here low 30's to upper 50's by the time I get off work. LOVING it.:snowman::snowman::jumper:

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

Glad you got out for a little winter ride my friend. I've been riding most every day this monthon this side of the mountains. It's been very dry, actually we were working on a record for a dry December but I think that record attempt got lost on a wet day last week. It's been chilly but that's what Gerbings are for. :action:

John

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
imported post

Mid to high 50's here now. Perfect riding weather for me! The summers here are just to hot for around town stop and go riding!:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
imported post

Good for you! Between the huge windscreen, my Transition 2 Jacket and heated liner I'm good to go pretty much all winter as long as it's not frozen on the roads. Even when on the old scoot with a small screen and no warm gear I'd bundle up and try to get out every Christmas and New Year just to defy the PA winter. If you can ride enough that the battery stays up and don't have to winterize that's a GREAT thing for you AND your bike. Just be careful and stay safe!

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
imported post

Here in mid-mich on the coast of lake mich, went for a 70 mile ride today. 39 and cloudy-no snow or rain, lovin it. Now wish
I still had a full windshield. No heated clothing, but a snow-
mobile suit. Merry Christmas and ride safe.

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

Bravo wrote:
Good for you! Between the huge windscreen, my Transition 2 Jacket and heated liner I'm good to go pretty much all winter as long as it's not frozen on the roads. Even when on the old scoot with a small screen and no warm gear I'd bundle up and try to get out every Christmas and New Year just to defy the PA winter. If you can ride enough that the battery stays up and don't have to winterize that's a GREAT thing for you AND your bike. Just be careful and stay safe!
Gotta be a Pa. thing,,,,,,,,,,,,,, huh :thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.