Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I was out riding the wing, and my buddy was on his Yamahaha 750 Special. Istoped to take a left turn, and he locked his wheels, and tore right into the back of the wing. Wing went left, I went right. Wing ended up driving it's self to the side of the rode on the case guards, and I was left in the middle of the road. Landed hard on my right hip and elbow. My Joe Rocket jacket took all of the force out of my elbow hitting, and got torn up. My chaps saved my hip skin. Rear of the wing is in sad shape, but the luggage is ok. My buddy broke his left arm, and is in the hospital now...

Helmet is going to Shoie for a check-out before I use it again.

The part that broke is the section between the two saddle bags. What is it really called, and where can I get a new one? Wineberry color, 1984 GL1200.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey philcsand :waving:

Sorry to hear about your accident and hope all is well with you and your buddy.

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
imported post

Hi Philcsands

Sorry to hear about the bump. hope the physical damage heals soon.

The bike damage, if you post a picture of the damaged area, it will help identifying the parts required.

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
imported post

philcsand,

Sorry to hear about the accident. Glad it wasn't more serious! Sounds like the Joe Rocket jacket saved some (yours) hide.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
imported post

Glad to hear your ok.

I would try ebay. There is always body parts on there (at least for the 1500) I mainly look at.

Just type in GL1200 Goldwing or GL1200 Gold wing cause people tend to list item descriptions differently. Good luck in your search.

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
imported post

Sorry to hear about your accident bad glad you are OK. I hope riding buddy recovers from the broken arm quickly.

Ther are a lot of GL1200 body parts available on Ebay right now. Several bikes are being parted out.

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

here is the damage

Attachments

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

And this is the rear fender.

Basically, the only noticable damage is the rear fender needing replacement, and the "Interstate" plackard. I'll strip it all off, and check the final drive in particular for any damage before riding again.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

Bidded on.

I wonder if I get the license plate too... :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.